Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 4:22 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

What advantage would i get from doing this?
And has anyone a how to guide ?

my z32 has silicone pipes either side of it already with the air filter attached via a 3inch silicone connector

2How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty Re: How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 10:15 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

bob or danny will be able to answer this as both have ran them. I am sure one advantage is car still runs if you blow a boost pipe.Better throttle response and idel certain length of pipe either side is a big advantage. i am sure it involves strengthening z32 casing or making a custom one. Does Not quote me on any of the above

3How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty Re: How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 10:36 pm

I built a 18" long stainless steel z32 with a sealed in element and it worked very well on all the above stated, do not try and make a plastic z32 blow thru as it will blow itself apart!

If done correctly it works very well.

4How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty Re: How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 10:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

right on Q i knew you had one working well danny.

5How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty Re: How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 10:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Isnt a blow through basicly maf after the after the turbo like intake side where as oe is a draw though ie maf before turbo ....

6How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? Empty Re: How do i turn my z32 into blow thru ? 16th February 2013, 11:24 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes basically it fits inline on cold side of ic piping.
used to run that system on mine too at 1.6bar with maf wrapped in fibreglass resin and I never had a problem with it, if you up the boost to around 1-8bar then it could well be a problem, ive seen the lids blow clean off them before lol

advantages are as said....if boost pipe comes off it wont stall the car unless the pipe blows off plenum
better airflow readings
never really noticed any increase in power though or better running

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum