Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans again!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fans again!  Empty Fans again! 1st December 2012, 8:57 pm

TurboTom

I struggled for a while getting my fans working, changed thermostat & fan switch, today I put the air con fan back on the car and plugged it in.
when the switch is unplugged (one at back left of the blovk) both fans are on constantly.
But when it's plugged in the fans won't kick in at all.
The car has had the air con removed so could the fans not kick in as its like 'spiked' the ECU (dunno how else to put it) I say this cos my starlet used to run with the fan constantly on when I took the air con out
Cheers all

2Fans again!  Empty Re: Fans again! 1st December 2012, 8:57 pm

TurboTom

Dunno if it makes any difference but the car has never been on the road just let it get up to temperature on idle

3Fans again!  Empty Re: Fans again! 1st December 2012, 10:00 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I have removed the air con and both my fans kick in when required, didnt know one was for the air con though?

4Fans again!  Empty Re: Fans again! 1st December 2012, 11:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I wasnt aware of that either both of mine are plugged in and ive got my air con removed.

5Fans again!  Empty Re: Fans again! 2nd December 2012, 9:08 am

TurboTom

Oh. I just assumed as it happened on my starlet amd on my mates celica:
Odd! Hmm.

6Fans again!  Empty Re: Fans again! 2nd December 2012, 10:09 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I know you can bridge the trinary switch to use the air con switch control the fans i think daz did a how to on modifiers for it. have you electric tested the wires or maybe bridged them to make sure you have some power down there without the air con plugged in?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum