Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

air con chargecooler

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1air con chargecooler Empty air con chargecooler 20th July 2020, 7:57 am

astarozna

astarozna

Was using my "gray cells" and got me thinking, could i run air con through a chargecooler Question Mr. google did not help much. The setup would be: pump, rad, chargecooler. Stand alone ecu can control the motor.

2air con chargecooler Empty Re: air con chargecooler 20th July 2020, 11:58 am

ducie54

ducie54

Several companies out there that use the ac to cool the water.

https://killerchiller.com/

3air con chargecooler Empty Re: air con chargecooler 6th August 2020, 8:05 am

mreguest

mreguest

assuming you want cold air in the car like normal a/c could provide, around 10 degrees C, all your time and effort would be better spent fitting a real a/c kit. either get original gtir one working or replace with a universal kit.

trying to control air or water temperature by putting air and water through a radiator or intercooler or chargecooler is all relative to ambient outside air temperature... unfortunately you cannot drop that much lower than ambient without a refrigerent compression process. i suspect you could drop 5-10 deg C less than ambient with a good diy build. so 30 deg outside only 20-25 inside. you'll get much lower human temperature by spraying water in your face, open a window and drive faster Smile

in simple terms a/c system compresses refrigerent gas through a condenser (like a radiator) and as heat is removed due to air moving through it, the gas becomes liquid and then goes through the rest of the system to become gas again. I don't fully aprecieate the physics behind it but by going from gas to liquid and back again you can remove massive amounts of heat relative to ambient temp, probably drop around 20 deg C, so if 30 outside then 10 inside.

there are universal kits on the market that get fitted to classic cars that never had a/c. i suspect one of those could be plumbed in to the original pulsar system.

4air con chargecooler Empty Re: air con chargecooler 6th August 2020, 10:52 am

ducie54

ducie54

Another company

https://m.facebook.com/ForcedInductionInterchillers/

5air con chargecooler Empty Re: air con chargecooler 6th August 2020, 1:20 pm

astarozna

astarozna

I was thinking of using a stock gtir system. Don't need cold air in the car just to cool down charge temps.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum