Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corona

+4
Stugtir300
BEBB GTIR
Mr B
gtir_woody
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corona Empty Corona 22nd March 2020, 7:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Hey guys,

Hows everything over there?

Hope you all are ok and riding it out.

Alot of hype and over reacting here, but there's difference between being prepared and being a f*kwit Laughing

2Corona Empty Re: Corona 22nd March 2020, 12:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I hope you not at the beach Woody :-P
We call it kung flu,
will be chaos here if gets to big numbers as governance and medical support both poor quality :-(  ...
Does seem like over reacting but it pretty big deal when gets into big numbers .
Only plus for me and you is hot dry climate seems reduce/slow virus spread .
Bangkok on shut down, all bus terminals packed out the doors as people heading out to rural homes, this going see a hike in infection numbers and provinces with cases as ideal spread conditions packed in tour buses and vans with aircon .
Shops been hit hard, many people been buying extra freezer to stock food ...
Hope the UK keeps it under control .
One thing can learn from Italy is acting in advance to infection cases to reduce social interaction will pay off and only way unless willing for deaths be high .

time for good due diligence and some luck too . hope you all stay safe and healthy .

3Corona Empty Re: Corona 22nd March 2020, 4:26 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Deaths in Italy are high because the elderly live with the whole family, over here we chuck the old people into homes Razz

A lot of over reaction if you ask me, the only good thing is the roads round me are a lot quieter so better driving experience is the old girls....

4Corona Empty Re: Corona 22nd March 2020, 4:57 pm

Stugtir300

Millions still believe a MAN with shaggy hair in a robe parted the sea,that story book is over 3000 years old give or take a few year.

5Corona Empty Re: Corona 22nd March 2020, 6:16 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

quite a few younger people dying too if develops to severe pneumonia .
Here we have lot of families 3 generations living together, Mrs B family house most times have between 8 and 12 people from 5 to 75 years old .
Problem here too is our medical insurances not covering it once declared pandemic, will be expensive if couple family members get problems .
Expect lot of the old in UK care homes be glad to die, that an expensive miserable last years of life, just liquidates most the assets to private or government pockets so next generation gains little and stay working until 70 .
While not exactly doom and gloom tabloids printing it will be messy in huge numbers as simply not enough available care/treatment .
West won't cope as well as china/Asia as won't be as ruthless in handling it and accepting deaths .
Western news doing it's best create public panic and fiscal doom just for the viewing numbers .

6Corona Empty Re: Corona 22nd March 2020, 7:26 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Panic equals money for big corporations in the west so news is on 24/7 to panic people aswell

7Corona Empty Re: Corona 23rd March 2020, 3:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Dont get me wrong me, its obviously really serious, gotta take alot more precautions with hygiene but going out and buying 1000 toilet rolls so no else has any, is the ridiculous part. Its going to be like hitting the reset button in alot of ways though.

Social media is just a joke aswell and making things worse. I read the news and you open 2 articles and they say something completely different, so alot of misinformation out there and people saying stupid things and sending more people into a panic.

8Corona Empty Re: Corona 23rd March 2020, 9:51 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It’s this same old major divide in the uk some home on full pay others working. Some layed off and struggling to even claim any help

9Corona Empty Re: Corona 23rd March 2020, 1:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gtir_woody wrote:Dont get me wrong me, its obviously really serious, gotta take alot more precautions with hygiene but going out and buying 1000 toilet rolls so no else has any, is the ridiculous part. Its going to be like hitting the reset button in alot of ways though.

Social media is just a joke aswell and making things worse. I read the news and you open 2 articles and they say something completely different, so alot of misinformation out there and people saying stupid things and sending more people into a panic.

Yes, the mass hoarding just pretty selfish .
Had people queueing for hour or more before BIg C and Tesco Lotus opened then things like toilet roll, cleaning products, milk and eggs all gone in an hour .
Standing in queues seems a good way increase your risk though !
I'll just go without milk and use ration the toilet paper :-)
social media and news in general just making things worse .
Johnny right on social class/wealth/benefits too, that a big issue here too.
low working class flipped the middle finger and left to starve .

10Corona Empty Re: Corona 24th April 2020, 5:44 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

How's everyone coping still?

Roads still quiet here, which is great for driving, high octane fuel has dropped 10p a litre, I'm still working as I'm the handyman in a local care home and farming in the evenings and weekends.

What's everyone else doing?

11Corona Empty Re: Corona 26th April 2020, 6:53 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Australia has been pretty contained, nothing like what other countries have seen so far.

Ive been working from home full-time, never thought Id say ive miss the office and being around people. Been slowly cleaning the garage out and being rufless and getting rid of stuff I havent touched in years. Even made some new shelves so have alot more space. R is ready for the dyno on a new engine (once again) Laughing

12Corona Empty Re: Corona 26th April 2020, 2:25 pm

shroom

shroom

I have been working from home a few weeks before we got made to, as you say woody it's a weird one. Dont mind been at home but it's pretty boring! My gardens nice but cant order much to do anything else now.

Hope everyone stays safe!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

13Corona Empty Re: Corona 27th April 2020, 1:44 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Im happy Very Happy

I now have Hero status as garages are ''key workers''

Always wanted to be a hero Laughing Laughing

People are dying but people are dying of flu and lots of other shite anyway, if anything the Hype is killing innocent people as they are not going to hospitals for life threatening issues because they are scared to catch it.
The whole thing has been blown up hugely by the media & social media......Don't get me started on that as i absolutely detest all of it and all the crap that's on there that ruins peoples lives Rolling Eyes

Troubling times, These hard times were living in, we will come through this, stay safe....... aaargh Utter bullshit

If people think this is hard well then try living through a war or something that is actually life threatening both mental and physical hardship Suspect

I certainly don't call those sitting at home in so called self isolation 'a hardship'

That's it rant over cheers

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Corona Empty Re: Corona 3rd August 2022, 9:24 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I've been kind've smug the last few years thinking i've either avoided Covid or had it so mild it hasn't affected me or my family.
But, oh, no. My boys came down with symptoms 7 days ago, then it hit me and my wife and it totally floored us for 4 days! I've never known suffering like it. really sad

15Corona Empty Re: Corona 3rd August 2022, 9:39 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

You guys vaccinated? I’ve been lucky enough to avoid it so far. Been sick on and off for 2 months now though, my 1 year old likes to bring everything home from day care, filthy little kids Laughing

16Corona Empty Re: Corona 8th August 2022, 11:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nope, I not been sick in years ... need travel so going have be done, work related non vaccinated is potential stigma too .
Vaccines don't seem be ultra useful if you sensibly healthy .
I don't have kids :-) have a dog but don't get anything from that besides dog hair hahaha ...

17Corona Empty Re: Corona 9th August 2022, 10:37 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I’m more likely to get sick from my child than covid at the moment Laughing At least out of all of this, work from home has increased for me so more opportunity to spend time in the garage

18Corona Empty Re: Corona 9th August 2022, 11:57 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Your R pretty much finished woody ? , you had all the engineering done and all paperwork ...
Kind of forget how it was going, remember done engine rebuild and had or planned some mapping !

19Corona Empty Re: Corona 13th August 2022, 6:54 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah mate its all engineered and the motor rebuilt and everything fitted, its just been sitting. Basically just needs a tune (been saying that for years Laughing ) With buying a house and child it hasn't been the priority. I have an elite 2500 sitting here to upgrade from the haltech platinum sport it currently has, was thinking about doing drive by wire at the same time for various reasons. Book a tune, change the fluids, get the tow truck and it would be running on the current setup Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum