Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tyres

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tyres Empty Tyres 23rd September 2019, 9:20 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Mornin,

I’ve got 4 Bridgestone 195 55 R14 tyres, possibly even the originals off a UK GTi-R.  I bought standard alloys off my mate 2 years ago, and when he bought Sunny GTi-R in the mid 90’s he took off the standard wheels and stored them in his loft... forgot about them until 2 years ago and flogged them to me.

Two of the tyres are heavily cracked radially in the tread the other two look in good condition, All 4 we’re holding pressure (with original air Laughing ) but wouldn’t chance using them.

As Bridgestone no longer make these tyres in the factory original size, they may be useful for someone who has a show car in original factory spec but just need original tyres??

I’m on the point of binning them as downsizing the garage loft junk!

Tyres 75-D4-BDAF-D89-C-4-AF5-BFD3-43177-EA455-DA

Tyres D1723-A51-C444-40-C6-9-F01-D0-B5-C26818-AE

Tyres 7-EB42-A6-A-5-CEB-4985-B06-B-34-B5002-B2-DF3

Is it worth holding on to them, on the off chance they could become worth something or maybe they are now?

Gaz

2Tyres Empty Re: Tyres 24th September 2019, 8:41 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

IMO I don't think they will be worth anything, but maybe im wrong? Do you guys have any laws around how old a tyre can be on a road car?

3Tyres Empty Re: Tyres 24th September 2019, 9:28 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

If the 2 cracked I doubt there much use to anyone personally. Most original cars will have original wheels but new rubber for mot/safety as they drive to shows

4Tyres Empty Re: Tyres 24th September 2019, 11:09 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Wow would of thought Johnny would of had them for a gap filler in his collection of parts .
Kind of interesting but doubt much use besides like a stationary car museum scenario
Got give credit to hording them that long lol .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum