Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4wd to fwd

+2
Cosmic73
jbhoy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 4wd to fwd Empty 4wd to fwd 19th March 2019, 11:03 pm

jbhoy

hi folks, was wonderin whats needed for changing from 4wd to fwd, long story short, my mates shell is past it, and wants to use his sunny sr as donor car, hoping the folks on here could point us in the right direction.
TIA for any help

2 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 6:41 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I think you'll need a GTi gearbox.
The Gtir gearbox actually contains the the centre diff, not the front diff do I don't think it can be used.
I'm sure there's a post on this somewhere on this site.

3 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 7:29 am

jbhoy

Thanx cosmic, do you know if pulsar driveshafts fit gti box or would we need shafts, hubs, etc?

4 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 8:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I would have thought its basically the same as a B13/n14 to gtir conversion?

5 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 9:41 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

jbhoy wrote:Thanx cosmic, do you know if pulsar driveshafts fit gti box or would we need shafts, hubs, etc?
i think you'll need at least a new drive shaft on the passenger side as it's a bolted joint, not splined, not sure about the driver side.

6 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 7:55 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I think Johnny was running fwd gti with det in it... almera or gti boxes aren't too strong 3rd gear gives up at 300 hp. You could look for p11 egt primera box they were tough as hell apparently good for 500hp. From what I gather you'll need gti flywheel re drilled for pulsar crank not sure why tho, possibly input shaft on fwd box is smaller and/or clutches are different... I need to find out cos I'm putting det in to wife's gti

7 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 8:06 pm

jbhoy

I did mention the primera box as i put primera engine in2 my sr few years ago, and as far as i can recall the shafts were a match. So you rekon i will need clutch/flywheel aswel? Bit of a bummer as he has a new stage 2 exedy im sure recently fitted. Now to find gti/primera gearbox and see whats next..got every part we need on the pulsar so not stuk for any bits that side.

8 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 8:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I ran a gti with det in and would have another one in a heart beat. I did not get round to putting a diff in. I did one box in but found a very low mileage gti box and fitted it never had a problem after that and I won’t lie it got some abuse it was hard not to. Ran clutch that was in when I bought it was at the stage of sourcing new clutch when I got rid of the car.

9 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 20th March 2019, 9:55 pm

jbhoy

[quote="johnny gtir"]I ran a gti with det in and would have another one in a heart beat. I did not get round to putting a diff in. I did one box in but found a very low mileage gti box and fitted it never had a problem after that and I won’t lie it got some abuse it was hard not to.  Ran clutch that was in when I bought it was at the stage of sourcing new clutch when I got rid of the car.

jonny did you use a gti gearbox? my mate wants as much off the pulsar and onto the sunny as possible, obviously some things we cant do.
did you run with gti shafts/hubs as wel? with this being an sr, im not sure if the splines on the shafts are the same, so we could need gti driveshafts and hubs aswel. i suppose we could use the pulsar suspension and change the rest if need be.
thanx for the advice aswel folks, really appreciate the help.

10 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 21st March 2019, 1:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I am away at the weekend but my conversion i removed is there yes gti box. And will check shafts but sure it was all gti kit

11 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 21st March 2019, 9:23 pm

jbhoy

Cheers johnny. Think almera gti box is same, and maybe primera p11, but thinkin we wil need box and the shafts.

12 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 21st March 2019, 9:49 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I was going to fit a Pulsar vzr box As think they have the uprated diff as standard ?

13 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 7th July 2019, 3:41 pm

jbhoy

update, managed to pick up an almera gti sr20 engine and gearbox for free, so the box fits, but the input shaft is way smaller than the pulsars clutch, cant really interchange the clutch or flywheels to suit without drilling and possibly making an arse of it, anyone know if the primera gt gearbox has a larger diameter input shaft, or a box that would fit?

14 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 8th July 2019, 10:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Not that I'm overly certain but surely sorting out the clutch would be the easiest option?

15 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 8th July 2019, 6:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I ran a primera gt p11 gearbox from memory but was cable clutch not sure on fly from memory

16 4wd to fwd Empty Re: 4wd to fwd 11th July 2019, 10:25 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

This is not going to work.
The axle is totally different.

What he can do is swap the Gtir engine into the Sr.
Use Gti Almera parts he acquired like, gearbox, driveshafts.
You then need a fwd Gti sr20de clutch. The Gti sr20de flywheel is used and bolt holds drilled a bit forgotten think 1/2 mm to fit.
Then custom down pipe and finish of with a suitable exhaust to fit on an Sr.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum