Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got mine mapped today

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Got mine mapped today Empty Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 5:48 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Took it finally to a mapper today. Healthy 340bhp at1.3bar limiting factor was barrel cooler. Need a bigger one Twisted Evil Got mine mapped today Fullsi11

2Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 5:57 pm

Biggs

Biggs

Good figures there. What other supporting mods is it running?

Last edited by Biggs on 16th October 2018, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:09 pm

astarozna

astarozna

The usual supporting bits and bobs. Hybrid garret 3071, 800cc injectors, pwr barrel cooler, ecu

4Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:11 pm

Biggs

Biggs

Are you still running a dizzy or COP?

5Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:21 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Stock dizzy at the moment.

6Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:25 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

What size barrel you've got bud? And what sort of temps you had at wot? still 340hp that ain't bad!

7Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:28 pm

astarozna

astarozna

It's that one that flows up to 320bhp. idle was 35 and at wot spiked up to 54 if remember right so need to address thatGot mine mapped today Img_0010

8Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:41 pm

Biggs

Biggs

Sweet...Never seen one on an R before.... Can't help but think a front mount intercooler would be more efficient and easier to install??

9Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:47 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Biggs wrote:Sweet...Never seen one on an R before.... Can't help but think a front mount intercooler would be more efficient and easier to install??

But there's no fun in that lol!

I've got 5x10 barrel apparently good for 500... I need to actually thrash t properly see how high they'll go atm is around 40 degree. But there again my mate got ebay jobby front mount and his goes to 50 when thrashed...

I actually got chargecooler just so I don't have to cut my bumper but if it'll go too high temp I'll stick meth injection (I'll stick one anyway) since emu can control pump and switch maps if I'll run out of meth.

10Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:49 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Got mine mapped today 44067911

I'll stick photo of mine as well cos I'm sad and looking for attention lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

11Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:53 pm

Biggs

Biggs

I like it....it's different.

12Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 6:53 pm

Biggs

Biggs

What trigger set-up did you use for the COP?

13Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 7:00 pm

astarozna

astarozna

lol! , sadly Gems ecu lacks all of the inventions after "93 but i have motec waiting to go in. I do have a front mount intercooler as well in the garage with the short run pipes but no rad that will let the pipes run over it. So either a bigger barrel or custom rad. Are those audi cops?

14Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 7:16 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I still run standard cas Biggs so far no problem will see in few weeks when I'll be raising rev limiter (7.5k atm). Astarozna yeah ngk replacement for r8/tfsi.

15Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 8:07 pm

mike74

mike74

Not seen those barrels before, im intrigued!

16Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 10:49 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

mike74 wrote:Not seen those barrels before, im intrigued!

Look for liquid to air charge cooler. Opinions are divided tho.

17Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 16th October 2018, 11:10 pm

ducie54

ducie54

What size water pump and Water cooler do u have? Most people don't run enough water flow.

18Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 17th October 2018, 5:45 am

astarozna

astarozna

You're right. I have a short run, boat bilge pump, m5 rad and no tank although i have one but i'd have to run it from the trunk and the piping needs to go from inside. Come winter and the pipes would freeze over if i'd run them from underneath the car. I just wanted to try the barrel setup, i now have a reference point to compare with air-to-air setup.

19Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 17th October 2018, 6:18 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

ducie54 wrote:What size water pump and Water cooler do u have? Most people don't run enough water flow.

What sort of pump you've got mate?
Mine is bosch aux pump from audi but I'm wondering if I won't need bigger one too.

20Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 17th October 2018, 6:28 pm

astarozna

astarozna

This one but it seems that bosch flows 20lpm
https://www.osculati.com/en/11142-16.512.12/europump-12-4-diaphragm-fresh-water-pump-12-v

21Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 17th October 2018, 10:45 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Gostek wrote:
ducie54 wrote:What size water pump and Water cooler do u have? Most people don't run enough water flow.

What sort of pump you've got mate?
Mine is bosch aux pump from audi but I'm wondering if I won't need bigger one too.

I'm running a Davis craig 80L/min pump. Which was the biggest they sold when I bought it. If it breaks I'll go bigger agian. Cooler is a 600*300*40mm core.

You just need to watch head pressure as some pumps don't like it and the flow drops off really quick. Also look at bleeding the air from the barrel, depending on the entry exit hoses you may end up with a air cavity. I put air bleeds on top of mine as the water pipes come in from the side.

Water to air cost more and and extra weight for me is worth it. I like the short pipe run and my temps stay consistent.

22Got mine mapped today Empty Re: Got mine mapped today 18th October 2018, 5:51 am

astarozna

astarozna

Good to know.thumbsup I have angled it that way that there shouldn't be any air in the barrel. Heat exchanger is way to small 200mm x 200mm. I had it laying around so thought i'll give it a go, have bigger one as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum