Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whats happening???

+9
nomad
Gostek
johnny gtir
Cosmic73
toaster55
Welling_AL
ROB_IOW
mike74
gtir_woody
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Whats happening??? Empty Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 7:22 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So everyone whats been going on?> (R or non-related) Laughing

2Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 7:52 am

mike74

mike74

Yeah its been pretty quiet in here lately!

I've been (as ever) tinkering with the R. Got a new Ramair filter installed a couple of days ago to replace the weedy K&N I had on previously. Discovered last night that my throttle linkages need a wee tweek as the front adjuster rod is a little stiffer than the rear. Hope fully i'll get onto that tonight.

The wife broke her ankle a week and a half ago so I'm being the diligent hubbie and doing all the housework, sorting out all the meals (apart from lunch, I'm not going home to sort that for them!) and generally now looking after three kids, as opposed to the normal two!

On a lighter note though, it means its more of a hassle for her to come and chase me up when I'm working on the R for ages so I get a bit more peace and quiet when the kids are in bed Very Happy

3Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 8:07 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've bought another vehicle .. thast 7 I own now that are All taxed and insured.

Its a vw t4 camper .
But needs a fair bit of work .
I've had to chop the sliding doors step out and replace it with a new one

4Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 8:16 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Those rods can be a right pain when you started playing with them.

Thats no good mate, howd she manage that? You'll be in the good books for awhile then Laughing

mike74 wrote:Yeah its been pretty quiet in here lately!

I've been (as ever) tinkering with the R. Got a new Ramair filter installed a couple of days ago to replace the weedy K&N I had on previously. Discovered last night that my throttle linkages need a wee tweek as the front adjuster rod is a little stiffer than the rear. Hope fully i'll get onto that tonight.

The wife broke her ankle a week and a half ago so I'm being the diligent hubbie and doing all the housework, sorting out all the meals (apart from lunch, I'm not going home to sort that for them!) and generally now looking after three kids, as opposed to the normal two!

On a lighter note though, it means its more of a hassle for her to come and chase me up when I'm working on the R for ages so I get a bit more peace and quiet when the kids are in bed  Very Happy

5Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 8:17 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

How do you find the space for them all lol. Camper would be cool, whats the plans for it?

ROB_IOW wrote:I've bought another vehicle  .. thast 7 I own now that are All taxed and insured.  

Its a vw t4 camper .
But needs a fair bit of work .
I've had to chop the sliding doors step out and replace it with a new one

6Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 11:11 am

mike74

mike74

I've done those rods before on my last R and they weren't exactly a barrel of laughs IIRC.

She was standing on an embankment taking a picture of our son when she slipped. She twisted her right ankle inwards/to the left and simultaneously landed on top of it while landing on a large rock. Broke her fibula about four inches above the ankle. Also did ligament/tendon damage while she was at it. The consultant at the hospital said she 'did a right job' on it!
She got a plate with 10 pins installed along with two screws, one at either end of the bone to hold the tibia/fibula bones together while it heals. Only another 5ish weeks in plaster to go so better get the R sorted before that's up!!!  :p

7Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 12:36 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

put my R in for MOT beginning of the week - she passed with no problems so another year of motoring to look forward to.

keeping it on the drive for the summer to make sure i use it then will pack her away in around Oct - probably SORN her for 6 months then bring it back out in the spring.

it has been quiet on here - no posts over the last couple of days - figured everyone away on summer hols

8Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 12:37 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

ROB_IOW wrote:I've bought another vehicle  .. thast 7 I own now that are All taxed and insured.  

what have you got in your fleet then Rob ? 7 motors is a healthy collection !

9Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 1:49 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Mine is in bits at the moment, head is at machine shop for new guides, light porting and a skim. Also bought a new crank pulley, silicone hoses, rebuilt throttle bodies new sensors and anything else that needs replacing whilst head is off. Thinking of putting it all back to standardish looking so may be getting rid of my radtec intercooler and rad depending on how top mount fairs with all the mods. Also bought a new welder of flea Bay which I took to work to get the welding bloke to Check over to make sure she was a goodun. Then made a trolley to put it on as its too heavy to lug about.

10Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 2:16 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

toaster55 wrote: radtec intercooler and rad.....

I was eyeing this combo up a little while ago ! lovely looking bit of kit but to expensive for my pockets sadly (if they still stock them)
Only needed a new rad so spent a little extra and got a mishimoto

11Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 5:04 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Think I read on a foum can't remember which/where that they had lost the plans for making them so will be near impossible to get hold off unless pre owned comes up for sale. It is a nice kit but don't think I could ever stomach the 1000 quid price they originally were.

12Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 5:19 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

my R failed its mot in May on handbrake and welding which i knew was coming.
Ive been too busy with the house renovation to fix it and will probably start it in Winter but at least its in its new garage.
I plan to totally refurb rear callipers, replace handbrake cables, replace brake pipes, machine warped discs, buy carbon bonnet, reshim valves and fix that pesky weap from the oilpump housing thats pissed me off for the last 3 years. Very Happy

13Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 8:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

My brother dose camper vans up him and his mate own the business . Main work lately has been the newer ones makes a loverly job. But they have and do older type

14Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 8:09 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Well I've managed to put and map Ecumasters Emu standalone on mine with new wiring Audi coils and some other stuff. Ecu is working lovely car drives much better and smoother. I might finally have some time to put my forged lump in just need to get p\s pump recon somewhere.... Aaaaaannnndddd.... I've opened a garage in Leicester lol! atm it seems that I'm working only on Pulsars and Sprinters lol! lol! lol! This weekend I'll be chasing Link ecu rep and need to get in touch with Ecumasters UK as well....

15Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 9:40 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not been posting much on here although still come on everyday as it seems my heart is playing up not sure quite what's wrong but it's either really low like 40 then when I start to do something it shoots up to silly amounts my record so far is 212bpm and that was just walking to the shop ... it's scared me to do anything to strenuous in case I have some kind of heart attack got hospital on Monday so gotta take it from there hopefully nothing to serious ....

16Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 9:50 pm

toaster55

toaster55

That's not good, max effort in the gym is supposed to be 220 minus your age! Hope all comes out OK.

17Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 16th August 2018, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I know that's why I'm quite scared I've stopped doing my insanity workouts etc I mean when I was doing them I would get my heart rate to like 120 -130 doing cardio now I'm getting 150 -160 just mincing about doing sod all then when it settles down it's like 43 or there abouts when my average heart rate resting is 59 ... it's very odd ....

18Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 6:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

mike74 wrote:I've done those rods before on my last R and they weren't exactly a barrel of laughs IIRC.

She was standing on an embankment taking a picture of our son when she slipped. She twisted her right ankle inwards/to the left and simultaneously landed on top of it while landing on a large rock. Broke her fibula about four inches above the ankle. Also did ligament/tendon damage while she was at it. The consultant at the hospital said she 'did a right job' on it!
She got a plate with 10 pins installed along with two screws, one at either end of the bone to hold the tibia/fibula bones together while it heals. Only another 5ish weeks in plaster to go so better get the R sorted before that's up!!!  :p

That makes me shiver just thinking about it, hope she has a speedy recovery mate.

19Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 6:47 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Gostek wrote:Well I've managed to put and map Ecumasters Emu standalone on mine with new wiring Audi coils and some other stuff. Ecu is working lovely car drives much better and smoother. I might finally have some time to put my forged lump in just need to get p\s pump recon somewhere.... Aaaaaannnndddd.... I've opened a garage in Leicester lol! atm it seems that I'm working only on Pulsars and Sprinters lol! lol! lol! This weekend I'll be chasing Link ecu rep and need to get in touch with Ecumasters UK as well....

That's awesome mate, should keep you busy! Hopefully enough time to fit the R in the workshop Laughing

20Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 9:37 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I haven't done a damn thing since I'm stuck in Africa, and the next time I go home for vacation I have to move 4 states over, so I'll be too busy to work on my Pulsar. I did buy another one though lol. Have to drive up to canada at some point and go get it.

21Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 2:14 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Just bombing around in my 350gt before winter comes, bought some weapon R bling for under the bonnet and carbon fibre engine covers

22Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 4:19 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

nomad wrote:I know that's why I'm quite scared I've stopped doing my insanity workouts etc I mean when I was doing them I would get my heart rate to like 120 -130 doing cardio  now I'm getting 150 -160 just mincing about doing sod all then when it settles down it's like 43 or there abouts when my average heart rate resting is 59 ... it's very odd ....

I'm not surprised with that filthy 'Happy Friday' photo you put up! That raised my bpm to well over 200 till i went to the bathroom and punched one out. cum

Seriously, What's your Doc said? You've had an ECG right?
About a year ago i started getting palpitations when dropping off asleep. As soon as i put my finger to my neck heart rate was fine. Doc did an ECG and all ok, said if anything was gonna happen it would be on one of my 3 mile runs and not while lying in bed.
It dissapears for ages but comes back for a while. Love to know whats causing it. scratch

23Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 5:29 pm

Stugtir300

Old age????

24Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 17th August 2018, 6:31 pm

mike74

mike74

Could be bad circulation/high blood pressure Sad
I bought a cheap n cheerful bp monitor last year to keep an eye on things. Certainly puts the mind at ease if i feel a bit funny i know i can check it myself.
Hope its nothing serious though so we'll be thinking of you on monday...

25Whats happening??? Empty Re: Whats happening??? 18th August 2018, 4:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ryaneg6freak wrote:I haven't done a damn thing since I'm stuck in Africa, and the next time I go home for vacation I have to move 4 states over, so I'll be too busy to work on my Pulsar. I did buy another one though lol.  Have to drive up to canada at some point and go get it.

Busy times for you! Congrats on getting another one, what’s the plans for it ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum