Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Moley's R

+8
Gl3nnGTIR
Wocka
fred05
richpulsar
GTI-R US
buckym120
nomad
pulsarmoley
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Moley's R Empty Moley's R 19th November 2012, 7:16 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Right about time i put up info about my car. Ive had it since August 2006 and was near standard, all i had fitted initially was my custom side exit at the rear:
Moley's R Pulsar2
Over the next couple of years, i fitted a goose exhaust, ARC topmount, OZ alloys, did the 1 bar loop and did a few other minor changes. Unfortunately mid 2010 i had a ringland fail and damage the block and found the turbo was knackered:
Moley's R 100_1077
So thanks to Bob i had a forged engine built, got a new bb turbo and did a a few more tweaks before putting it all back together.
Moley's R IMAG0218_zps79861ae9

Early 2012 opted to have nistune fitted and get a forge actuator. Made 255hp and 264lbft:
Moley's R RRresult
Current spec is:
87mm JE forge pistons - block bored to each piston
All ACL bearings used
Polished crank
HKS 264 cams
1.5mm Cosworth h/g
P+P head c/w 3 angle valves seats, matched combustion chambers
Apexi induction kit
Mildly ported standard exhaust manifold
GT2560 - currently running 1.1bar(but backs off to 0.8bar @ high rpm); eventually 1.2bar...
ARC topmount
Walbro pump
Uprated radiator
Full 3" exhaust system
Air con removed
Front sparco strutbrace
Rear GAB strutbrace

Got a few more bits to fit over winter/next year, so will keep updated...

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 30th December 2013, 4:56 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)

2Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 7:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

This is what im currently working on:
Moley's R 25092012397
(my work mates thought this would be funny, have to say it does look ok Laughing )

This is after being sprayed, forgot to get some shots of the prep work Rolling Eyes

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 17th February 2013, 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 8:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

About bloody time fella Laughing looking good mate. . How do you find the top mount .... Do get any heat soak at all?

4Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 8:35 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Think the bumper does really suit it (kawasaki that is)

Going to look a lot better now that bumper is sprayed up mate and once all the lights are fitted

5Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:01 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers bucky cant wait to get it fitted, its good to be able to work on the car again now the olympics is over and my private work has slowed up a bit.
nomad29 wrote:About bloody time fella Laughing looking good mate. . How do you find the top mount .... Do get any heat soak at all?

Eventually got hold of it through Bob after looking for one for a few years. It does suffer heat soak like the standard one but it should cool better. The heatsoak is another think on my list of things to look into...

6Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

nomad29 wrote:what plans you got for abit more power mate?

Well im hoping to get my full 3" exhaust fitted, oil cooler, get a dawes device to run 1.2+bar, then once every power mod fitted get a remap. Hoping to get around 280hp and 290lbft

7Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you ever tried putting like a cavity bat underneath the top mount to help out with the heat soak. why a dawes rather than an electronic boost controller?

8Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:31 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah im looking into making a custom carbon fibre shield to go underneath it. I was told by a few people that for the boost i want to run a dawes device would be a cheap yet reliable way.

9Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The only cheap dawes device you get are copies and for the price of a real one you can get a good second hand controller and have the pleasure of turning up and down in the warmth of the drivers seats Razz i picked up my blitz boost controller for £40 Very Happy

10Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:46 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Oh ok then, will look back into electronic boost controllers. You got any plans for your car?

11Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 9:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not got any real plans tbh mate got me coilovers to fit new droplinks with poly bushes to go on think il just keep plodding along and hopefully get it preped for paint next y3ar.

12Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 10:04 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Keep us updated on the polybushes as i have both ARB's to do now i think about it. Just another thing ive been reminded of thats sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted; the list is endless!

13Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 10:19 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I done the back arb already nice and easy gave it a fresh coat of paint while it was out i used enamel spray and tbh its lasted realy well better than normal paint by far. ...pics in my thread.... What 3"inch exhaust you going for or you having a custom made jobby?

14Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 10:24 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Already have a custom one sitting in the garage, just got to make an adaptor so i can fit the lambda sensor. Did you/are you supposed to apply grease to the polybushes where the arb goes through? Will check your pics.

15Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 10:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yes mate you should get a little tube with the bushes just put it on the inside of the bush before you put it on. .... Have you got the elbow done aswell?

16Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 10:41 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yep complete system, its the elbow thats holding back a few ponies, thinking just changing the exhaust system will give me another 15-20hp and possibly decrease spool further?

17Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 19th November 2012, 11:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The elbows meant to be the most restrictive bit on the system. .. In theory id say your right Very Happy

18Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 20th November 2012, 5:29 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Lets hope so cheers Been thinking about this and thinking that with the planned mods and getting it mapped on super unleaded i might be able to scrape 300hp? Just have to wait and see...

19Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 20th November 2012, 5:41 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

looking good pete
you need to get these bits all fitted for the sprintday next year though
should be very nice when shes all finished

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 20th November 2012, 6:41 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I shall need to visit you for that oil before the sprintday Wink Laughing
I hope so Bob, dont know of anyone having fitted this turbo so looking to to the final outcome, it may not be powerful but it does still put a smile on my face now and then Very Happy

21Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 16th December 2012, 7:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I started it last night and it sounded like a scooby; running on 3, with a few blips of the throttle it cleared. Went to lakeside and gave it a good clearout coming back and couldnt fault it. Started it today and same thing, running on 3 but cleared. Checked coolant and oil; no mayo in oil and coolant down by an inch in reservoir bottle. Drove to Norfolk ok(a good 80miles) stopped and filled with fuel. On startup running on 3 briefly and big puff of smoke/steam out exhaust. Started up again when leaving and another puff of steam/smoke and i smelt it...coolant Sad Took it steady and made it home ok.

Right im thinking head gasket has failed between one of the cylinders and the cooling jacket and it is leaking back in slightly when engine is turned off? Will try and do a compression check tomorrow and see if that shows anything.

22Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 16th December 2012, 8:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Probably best thing to do pete. ... Ideally for that a leak down test but a compression test might throw something up . good luck mate

23Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 16th December 2012, 9:52 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Cheers, typical of my car to demand money when ive just been drained of £3K... Rolling Eyes

24Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 16th December 2012, 9:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

3k is alot of money you must buy some really expensive xmas presents lol. hopefully its not to bad mate.

25Moley's R Empty Re: Moley's R 16th December 2012, 10:07 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I had to lend my brother £2.5K to buy another pickup truck as his got wrote off 3weeks ago by some ditzy blonde cow so just waiting on insurance payout, and the rest is xmas pressies etc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum