Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

aftermarket turbo gauge

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1aftermarket turbo gauge  Empty aftermarket turbo gauge 22nd January 2018, 8:52 am

SonaGTIR

guys sorry for the dumb question. is there a guide on how to fit this. ive still got the stock one but want my greddy fitting more at eye level.

is the stock one reading from the ecu? wheres this turbo line going to. anything need splicing etc.

any help would be appreciated

2aftermarket turbo gauge  Empty Re: aftermarket turbo gauge 22nd January 2018, 9:13 am

mike74

mike74

On the right hand inner wing (looking from front of car) there's a little rectangular box behind the fuse box. This has got a vacuum pipe attached to it and an electrical connector; this it the standard sensor for the boost gauge.

On mine, I tee'd into this boost line and ran a tube into the cabin. I found the easiest way to do this was to pop off the inner wheel arch liner on the OSF wheel and run the tube through a grommet you find there. This comes into the cabin just above the throttle pedal. I then routed this up inside the door rubber and over the top of the dash, just inside the bottom of the pillar trim. My gauge is mounted above the dash vent & mirror controls on top of the dash using sticky backed Velcro.

To wire it up all you need is a switched live and an earth. I took my switched live from the cigarette lighter illumination wire and attached the earth to the chassis with a little eyelet crimp.

hope this helps Smile

3aftermarket turbo gauge  Empty Re: aftermarket turbo gauge 22nd January 2018, 9:33 am

SonaGTIR

mate. legend

4aftermarket turbo gauge  Empty Re: aftermarket turbo gauge 22nd January 2018, 9:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I rooted my vac pipe through the rubber grommet above the abs pump so it comes out behind the glove box ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum