Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil leak from BOV

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil leak from BOV Empty Oil leak from BOV 11th September 2017, 2:50 pm

rmdpitter

HI. Just noticed that there is a small leak of oil coming from my Blow Off Valve.
Is this a sign of something serious or normal?
Thanks for the feedback.

2Oil leak from BOV Empty Re: Oil leak from BOV 11th September 2017, 3:20 pm

mike74

mike74

Its probably coming from the turbo oil seals. A little bit of oil is normal but if theres more than a 'little' then it would warrant some investigation. When you're standing at the front of the car looking down at turbo, remove the metal tube (2 x bolts) on the right hand side. Once that's off grab the turbo shaft with your fingers or pliers and give it a wiggle...there shouldn't be much play there at all! If there IS play (ie radial or in/out) then you need a rebuild

3Oil leak from BOV Empty Re: Oil leak from BOV 11th September 2017, 4:56 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

What Mike said, but it might be residue from your breather system too... If the engine is bit tired and breathing heavy/using some oil you will have some residue (I've got it on mine). Nevertheless do check your turbo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]