Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil Separator

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil Separator Empty Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 12:18 am

boyciegtir325

Not posted for a while so here goes, as I'm not an expert on these cars, can anyone tell me if I wish to tart up my Oil Separator and spray it, can I just unclip pipes and remove it, or is it full of oil ?

Thanks in advance.

2Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 6:01 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The standard one ? Un clip it yes might be some oil in but should be very little just rinse it with petrol or a cleaner. Make sure it's all clean of residues tape the ends as you want no dust or paint to go in it. sand it down remove tape and re tape. Tape to both block the ends and go onto the metal pipe so it's not thick with paint where the rubbers will push back on as the last thing you want is paint or dust in the can oil or engine

3Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 8:37 am

boyciegtir325

thanks Johhny, perfect reply. And is the distrubutor cap just like the ones say off a Mk3 Cortina, you know pull rotor arm off and clean contacts then put cap back on or are these a bit more technical ?

4Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 10:30 am

mike74

mike74

If you've still got the top mount intercooler you'll need to remove that along with the front support frame for it (2 or 3 bolts) before the separator can come off.
Dizzy cap is held on with a couple of small screws either side of the cap. The rotor arm is held on with a small bolt that goes into the dizzy shaft. The only issue you should have here is if you cant actually see the screw because its below the arm. You'll have to spin the motor on the starter until you can get to it otherwise easy peasy

5Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 11:49 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Price wise mate ( even genuine nissan) rather than clean dizzy just replace it mate good ignition has major benifits

6Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 20th July 2017, 10:40 pm

boyciegtir325

Thanks guys, great help.

7Oil Separator Empty Re: Oil Separator 21st July 2017, 1:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No probs any help just shout and don't leave it so long before your next post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]