Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloody brakes

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bloody brakes Empty Bloody brakes 9th July 2017, 6:40 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Well me and brakes don't get on at all with Nissans lol

Had the front near side brake sticking for the last couple of months after it went for an mot, the tester said brakes sticking slightly, a week before I'd done the wheel bearing now if I travel a couple of miles the car struggles to move an the front brakes along with the left rear are boiling hot!!

I've stripped both rear calipers today, cleaned inside and out also stripped the near side front brake but it's like new which it is (k sport 6 pots) I bought 3 years ago, still gotta check the drivers side caliper

Is there anything else that can cause the brakes to bind?

Could it be the wheel bearing?

Any help would be great

Thanks

2Bloody brakes Empty Re: Bloody brakes 9th July 2017, 7:15 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not really, it more likely heat from dragging brake killed the bearing.
any chance hydraulic pressure holding in circuits ? is front and rear with issue opposite sides (same hydraulic circuit) ?
get it in binding state and tweak a nipple and see if has pressure, if so either master cylinder or abs system if you got it . If no pressure then back to standard issues of sticking pistons and handbrake mechanism and reviewing wheel bearing further, infrared thermometer useful here for pinpointing heat source .

3Bloody brakes Empty Re: Bloody brakes 9th July 2017, 7:25 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

One thing which was a bit odd the rear drivers side was stone cold when all other 3 brakes where boiling hot, I've now cleaned that one up to see if it makes a difference

Right I'll try the bleed nipple next after a drive out, master cylinder was new aswell 3 up years ago so hopefully it's not that lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum