Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laguna or espace Splitter?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 6:50 pm

Drift God

Drift God

hey guys in two minds as the title says which one to fit?
Whats your opinions on this? is the Espace one much harder to fit etc?
Any opinions you have are welcome. cheers

2Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 7:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They are the same think the only thing that differs is the vents. .

3Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 9:48 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Thought both had the vents but the Espace is a deeper one?

4Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 10:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah mate your right it is slighty deeper fitting should be the same though so i guess what you have to think about is clearance side of things. ..?

5Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 10:50 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Yea know what ya mean, just won one on flee bay bit late guess won't know what the clearance is like until I offer it up! Embarassed Shocked Could be the first pulsar snow plough! Lol

6Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th October 2012, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Lol well im sure it will fit ok just screw both ends and work towards the middle Very Happy

7Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 10:02 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah my old one was from an espace (its deeper than a laguna) thats probably still on the grass at bedford autodrome lol

how much did you win it for chris?
when i was looking for another one they were all bringing a lot of money on ebay

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 10:22 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Whenever ive looked they always fetch 35-40 quids wich is a lot for abit of plastic lol

9Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 5:23 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Cheers nomad,
Won it for 37.66 plus 10 postage bob. so near as makes no difference 50 quid, dear bit of secondhand plastic lol. hope it looks the part, soon find out as i hope to have the car finished by next weekend from paint.
Theres two on at the moment, 3 days to bid.... current bids 15.00 and 22.50 both 10 pound postage

Is there any cutting needed Bob? e.g small triangles etc to get the fit right?

10Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 5:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Mine doesnt have to be cut direct fit so to speak. ..

11Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 6:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

no cutting needed.when you read cutting it normally means in the middle as its to long but that is on other cars and dose not apply to the pulsar.laguna do a vented or solid and as you say espace is just deeper.to deep for speed bumps on most Rs depends what size wheels you run and ride height

12Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 6:16 pm

Drift God

Drift God

johnny gtir wrote:no cutting needed.when you read cutting it normally means in the middle as its to long but that is on other cars and dose not apply to the pulsar.laguna do a vented or solid and as you say espace is just deeper.to deep for speed bumps on most Rs depends what size wheels you run and ride height

Shocked running 17inch wheels and has a set of Bc coilovers not sure of my exact ride height johnny could be doing road sweeping duties could i? Laughing

13Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 7:14 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

depends mate i know my laguna one just cleared speed bumps etc.they flexible as out. only thing it will do is scuff.Stick it on you should be ok if its to low it will sell straight on so your ok either way

14Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 25th October 2012, 9:09 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

i used self tapping screws to fit mine, aint gonna lose another one of the boogers.
there easy to fit just make sure its central, fit the ends first then space it towards the middle making sure its even, you cant go wrong that way

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 27th October 2012, 7:11 am

Drift God

Drift God

Cheers guys let ya know how I get on Smile

16Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 1st November 2012, 8:09 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Has anyone any photos of an Espace splitter fitted, offered up the Espace Splitter today and kinda looks like its gonna need the ends trimmed of to fit correctly. I know from previous comments you guys say this isnt the case, sorry in advance if i annoy anyone just want it right. Embarassed

17Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 1st November 2012, 10:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Dont worry about posting on here were here to be annoyed. There was an english man an irish man a scotsman and a essex man and a splitter lol.no pics but it should fit start at both ends work to the middle. What looks wrong ? To long or wrong shape ? Last one i seen fitted was bobs i think looked ok

18Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 2nd November 2012, 7:12 pm

Drift God

Drift God

johnny gtir wrote:Dont worry about posting on here were here to be annoyed. There was an english man an irish man a scotsman and a essex man and a splitter lol.no pics but it should fit start at both ends work to the middle. What looks wrong ? To long or wrong shape ? Last one i seen fitted was bobs i think looked ok
lol
just looks like the edges are going to be too long and come out past the bumper ends but if its been done guess it will look ok when its screwed down at intervals

19Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 23rd November 2012, 6:09 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Well Guys Fitted the Espace Splitter looks mean and not too bad in terms of fit. Not 100% happy with the fit but maybe im too fussy Razz Car is near complete so will be throwing photos up later next week. Very Happy

20Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 23rd November 2012, 6:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Look forward to the pics mate. .. What are you not happy about the fit did you end up cutting it?

21Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 23rd November 2012, 10:29 pm

Drift God

Drift God

nomad29 wrote:Look forward to the pics mate. .. What are you not happy about the fit did you end up cutting it?

no mate didnt cut it just self tapped the life out of it! lol! looks dead on but not as tight up to the bottom of the bumper as i would like in places, even though they are tightened right up

22Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th November 2012, 8:19 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

if its staying on run a bead of something ie gasket seal or black caulk along where it joins

23Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th November 2012, 5:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I cut strips of metal then screwed it up it stops all the gaps or atleast most of them anyway Laughing

24Laguna or espace Splitter? Empty Re: Laguna or espace Splitter? 24th November 2012, 9:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

what were they for the inside of bumper for screws to get a solid fix on or the outside between splitter and bumper mate ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum