Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Engine bay QUICK freshen

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Engine bay QUICK freshen Empty Engine bay QUICK freshen 20th June 2017, 8:50 am

mike74

mike74

Morning guys,

So I spent about 20 minutes or so giving the engine bay a quick clean and freshen this weekend. All I did was spray some silicone spray over some of the grubbier bits to help wipe clean. After that I used Autoglym tyre dressing to make it all shiny and fresh looking. I don't like cleaning things at all but I can handle quick jobs like this.
Note that while I was doing the initial de-grubbing wipe down, the engine was running for about 5 minutes or so just to warm it up and that the water in the photos was because I'd just washed her. The heat from the engine helps dry off the tyre dressing stuff afterwards so you want it warm rather than roasting hot.

Before

Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170611Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170610Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170612

After initial wipe down
Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170615Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170614Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170613

Jizzy time
(this is the "oh shit, what have I done" moment)

Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170618Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170616Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170617

Nice n shiny  Smile

Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170621Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170619Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170620Engine bay QUICK freshen 20170622

2Engine bay QUICK freshen Empty Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen 20th June 2017, 9:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks fresh, well done thumbsup

3Engine bay QUICK freshen Empty Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen 20th June 2017, 6:16 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Nice job - always like to see a clean bay.
Cleaned up my Rasheen engine bay a slightly different way. Did an oil change and forgot to put the oil filler cap on and drove it 10 miles to a friends place - whole bay covered in smoking oil. Shocked Shocked
He owns a hot water high pressure sprayer, so we just cleaned over the whole lot. I was expecting something not to work - but drove off half hour later with the cleanest looking engine bay I've had for years.

4Engine bay QUICK freshen Empty Re: Engine bay QUICK freshen 20th June 2017, 8:10 pm

mike74

mike74

^^ and an additional bonus of getting the bay rust proofed too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum