Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

hi from the isle of wight

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1hi  from the isle of wight Empty hi from the isle of wight 30th September 2012, 8:04 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

New member here..

Had my R for about 3 months now ..
But known the car and done all the work on the car for the last 10 years .
Was my friends car and i have reciepts for this car totaling over £21000.
Never been welded or painted , and only used during the summer months
Was undersealed fully on import , all suspesnion , rear axle , subframe , fuel tank , front suspension , etc removed and done properly , and then stripped and inspected and resealed every 3 years hence why it is rust free ..

Spec is 1992 Grey GTI-R with 82,000kms (still reading in kms)

Engine and drive train spec

Lightend & balanced crank , wiseco pistons , HKS cams ,HKS head gasket , tomei rocker stoppers , stage 1 turbo , pace front mount intercooler , Apexi power fc , Apexi boost comp 1bar & 1.2bar ,chrome induction hard pipe , Custom air box , apexi air filter , walbro pump , fidanza flywheel ,exceedy 400bhp clutch ,oil catch can , fully rebuilt gearbox , Full 3 inch exhaust from turbo back to departure twin exit rear boxes

Roling roaded and got 326bhp but that was at 1.4 bar with a mongoose 2.25inch exhaust so hoping for around 345bhp @/ 1.5bar with a very free flowing 3 inch full exhaust and a new filter and airbox etc .

Chassis

willwood 310 brakes with mintex 1144 pads, mintex 1144 pads on rear, whiteline 4 point underbody brace , fully polybushed , anti lift kit , cusco front and rear strut braces
17inch oz alloys with 215 yoko parada's

Interior

Full GTIR leather interior , twin pillar gauges with hks gauges ,apexi power fc controller on custom mount , full size spare , battery relocated into the boot ,

Exterior mods

Nissan bluebird grills fitted into the front bumper , 200sx front splitter , Oz 17inch wheels , twin box departure exhaust , custom inddicator air feed

Last edited by GTI_R_IOW on 24th October 2012, 7:27 am; edited 4 times in total

2hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 30th September 2012, 8:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like you know your stuff be great to see some pics of the beast and welcome to the forum mate Laughing

3hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 30th September 2012, 8:54 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

hi  from the isle of wight 140920123502
hi  from the isle of wight 140920123503
hi  from the isle of wight 140920123505
hi  from the isle of wight 270920123586
hi  from the isle of wight 220820123414

since these pics have been taken all th IC pipes have been lagged and had abit of bling under the bonnet

4hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 30th September 2012, 8:59 pm

Drift God

Drift God

Nice car mate, welcome to the forum

5hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 1st October 2012, 8:24 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah looks like a very well put together car
funnily enough ive just got one of those departure systems in stock, they do have a very nice tone to them even if they do look a bit weird and not everyones cuppa

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:18 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

well thanks to bob i have new wheels and boy do they look good
hi  from the isle of wight 191020123682
also fitted alot of heatwrap some bling and a catch can
hi  from the isle of wight 191020123685
This is the old graph
hi  from the isle of wight 051020123620
can anyone tell me what the graph below is showing?
not got a clue
hi  from the isle of wight 051020123621

Last edited by GTI_R_IOW on 23rd October 2012, 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

7hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What part dont you understand rich?

8hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:31 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

i aint got a clue what it is ...
under stand the first graph but not a clue what the other one is

9hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is this what you got with the car paperwork or you had it put on the rollers?

10hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:39 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

what my friend got when he put it on the rollers ...
got the power graph and the second one in with all the paperwork ..
just wondering what it's measured
starts at 1.05 at 2500rpm and as revs increase goes down to 0.7 at 4000rpm then back up to 0.8

11hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 9:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

To be honest i havnt a clue. ..... Maybe its boost levels or something im sure somebody will be able to shed some light on it. ...

12hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 23rd October 2012, 10:55 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yhr wheel look great rob im glad you lke them, did you repaint them or just give them a clean?

the 2nd graph shows afr's (fuelling) and boost level achieved which your ar does not seem to be holding that well, it seems to make power very early then starts to fall off
what turbo you running?

13hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 24th October 2012, 7:15 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

it's a turbo technics stage 1 with 360 thrust ...

wheels have just had a bloody good clean with lots and lots of wheel acid

14hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 24th October 2012, 7:38 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yay i was right think the 1.02. 0.8 0.7 gave it away Very Happy

15hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 24th October 2012, 12:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok looked at the graph again today with clear head as had a few drinks last night

as said they are your afrs in bottom graph and boost level.

as i said last night shes making boost early but judging by the power graphs shes not holding boost so is tailing off when it should really be making power still.

i would check that your wastegate actuator is adjusted correctly first off
also check all your main boost pipes and fmic for leaks
other possibility is weak actuator spring or worn diaphragm or incorrectly set boost controller
deffo not right though

also whilst on boost your afr readings should ideally be around 11s, i would say thats bordering on the dangerous side with possible det damage as when shes showing max boost its running way too lean

16hi  from the isle of wight Empty Re: hi from the isle of wight 24th October 2012, 2:23 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Or cracked housing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum