Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello

+2
nomad
danno
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello Empty Hello 9th November 2016, 9:45 am

danno

Hi guys, my name is Dan and I'm now the proud owner of one of these beasts.

It's been standing for a year or so and needs a bit of work but otherwise is a clean car with a folder full of service history and documentation and came with a few Nissan extras and aftermarket parts.

The main problem is its stuck in reverse and i assume its a box out job and put it right first as last?

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated as I'm new to these cars but not cars in general.

Thanks

2Hello Empty Re: Hello 9th November 2016, 11:42 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum dan .... when you say stuck in reverse .... does the clutch pedal work ... can you see movement on the slave cylinder ... located at the gearbox near front on top ... pull the rubber boot off the fork ... look down the hole check fork isnt bent .... then go from there ....

3Hello Empty Re: Hello 9th November 2016, 11:45 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

was that the reason it's been off road, or is being off road the reason it's stuck?
If it's the 2nd answer you could try giving it a mild shunt to release any stiction that's built up?

4Hello Empty Re: Hello 9th November 2016, 12:38 pm

danno

Thanks.

Sorry, ill start from the beginning.

The guy I bought it off said that the brakes seized one day so he parked it up to free them off and do a few other jobs and life got in the way and there it stayed on the drive.

When I picked the car up the guy did say sometimes it sticks in reverse and you just have to go underneath and give the selector rod a wiggle.

But the car manoeuvred fine to load it onto the transporter and was fine offloading it in reverse onto my drive and on my ramp.

So, all I was doing after pumping up the brakes ( thought they do need bleeding) was moving the car back and forth just to clean the discs up as they're rusty and that's when it got stuck in reverse and have failed to get it out since.

5Hello Empty Re: Hello 9th November 2016, 11:20 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate, plenty of people here with heaps of knowledge that can give you some advice on your problem.

6Hello Empty Re: Hello 10th November 2016, 7:37 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome to the forum matey

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

7Hello Empty Re: Hello 25th November 2016, 10:33 pm

DRC

DRC

Well it seems like a fitting introduction into R ownership!
Welcome and you will be very well supported in your quest.

8Hello Empty Re: Hello 25th November 2016, 11:21 pm

danno

Haha, yes most definitely, though I have fixed the problem thankfully with no cost.

All that had happened was the selector had jumped out of position from shifting too quick (my own fault). But it took me getting the engine and box out only to pull the reverse light switch out to see what was going on as I couldn't split the box all the way, and there it was, the selector, staring me in the face. So I was relived and cheesed off at the same time as this could of been rectified with it all in the car.

But some good came out of this, I've done the water pump and belts, removed the air con ready to fit the front mount intercooler, changed the cam cover gasket, fitted the silicone hose kit I had with the car, replaced all the breather pipes on the cam cover with oil resistant silicone hoses, new hks oil filter and bolted all the box and transfer box back up properly as its all going back in, in one lump.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum