Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Helloooo from sunshine pulsar

+6
Gostek
ROB_IOW
Stu
gtir_woody
Andy Sunny Gti
donnydave
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Helloooo from sunshine pulsar - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo from sunshine pulsar 9th November 2016, 8:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cobra looks very tasty ... did you buy it as a kit ???

27Helloooo from sunshine pulsar - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo from sunshine pulsar 9th November 2016, 9:31 pm

donnydave

nomad wrote:Cobra looks very tasty ... did you buy it as a kit ???

nope, dax de dion self built over 3 years. Mrs is pretty handy and did interior, dash and electrics. I did wimp out a little bit though and bought the engine already built, 383 c.i. (6.3L) stroker small block chevy. 420hp and about 430lb.ft torque, great big holley double pumper carb, single plane intake and a ridiculous cam with enormous overlap Twisted Evil When I spec'd the engine I was a bit naive and just wanted as much power as I could afford without realising exactly what I was buying. The ridiculous cam totally dominates the character of the engine and you can feel it protesting when chugging along slowly. The car is waaaaay beyond my skill to drive properly and is constantly trying to find new and ingenious ways to kill everyone within half a mile radius.... e.g. surprise wheelspin in 4th from 1800rpm if the road isn't perfectly straight or dry. The side pipes are practically open/straight through with very little baffling so its quite loud, originally it was 116dB at idle (!) checked with pukka calibrated bruel & kaer spl meter borrowed from work, using the proper 45 degree 0.5m standard test. Now I do like a noisy car but that was just obscene. It's a bit quieter now, only 103dB at idle.

I absolutely love it Very Happy.

28Helloooo from sunshine pulsar - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo from sunshine pulsar 9th November 2016, 11:24 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What a weapon, sounds like a mean as hell car. I'd love to own something like that.

29Helloooo from sunshine pulsar - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo from sunshine pulsar 2nd March 2021, 8:27 am

donnydave

Hi folks, long dead thread revival

I've still got the pulsar, in fact its my main fun car now. The cobra has gone due to covid, it was a lot of money sat doing nothing so had to cash it in Crying or Very sad

It does mean the pulsar can have the attention it needs though, and may actually get used now as it was going months at a time without driving it

30Helloooo from sunshine pulsar - Page 2 Empty Re: Helloooo from sunshine pulsar 2nd March 2021, 8:38 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Hey mate,

Good stuff, get that money into the pulsar Smile

Whats the next plans for it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum