Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Weald Sprint day Fri 28 July 2017.

+11
ben15476
Gostek
GTI-R US
TrueRebel
Oni1One
shroom
johnny gtir
nomad
Kate&tim
johnboy
mreguest
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Has anyone booked a hotel yet? I need to book one for me and my dad but thought it might be good to stay at the same hotel if anyone else is staying over?

ben15476

ben15476

Hallingbury Manor is not a bad one for anyone coming down from up North.
Big car park and just off the motorway, Bishops Stortford exit of M11.
Or there is probably something around Harlow area...

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Cheers Ben. I will look into that one then! Anyone else staying over??

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I might be up for a stay over night before always a good laugh!!!

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

My dads coming too pal, so u know we'll all have fun and have a good laugh! We'll prob just be down in the Abarth to be honest anyway!

GTIR James

Is every one ready? I had a track day last week and had a few problems that need sorting before friday....

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I've replaced rear shocks fuel filler and neck front brakes on R  so now I can stop without making Parkinson impression lol!  And sorted few bits on Gti... Full respray some welding lower springs so not that much piss taker

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

I have booked a hotel close by, we are staying at Down Hall Country House Hotel. If anyone else wants to stay the evening before, feel free! Smile

mightydquinn

mightydquinn

Do you need to wear a helmet for this event or not? I cant remember from last time but can't see anything saying that we will need to wear one!

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

There is no need for helmets and there will be breakfast available from 8.30 CASH ONLY for all food throughout the day

johnboy

johnboy

Had a great day, good to see old and new faces, and quite a variety of cars. Made my Skoda not look too out of place. Shocked
And thanks for the ride in the GTR Bob - I'll never forget that!!. you the man

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Haha your welcome John it is fairly quick lol, hopefully see you soon as discussed.
Really good to meet everyone else too and don't know what's wrong with Mike but really do hope he's all ok

Too many hospital emergencies lately especially after Pulsar Rich in Germany last week, myself and Danny of late, were all dropping like flies No

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'm glad you lot liked it. Sorry for sudden disappearance but lately I'm tad overworked tired stressed and some other shit and just had to go home... I promise I'll kick your asses next time

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Take it easy Mike mate. What happened Is rich ok ?

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

johnny gtir wrote:Take it easy Mike mate. What happened Is rich ok ?

Not really Johnny
He had a suspected heart attack whilst on the GP curcuit and was air lifted to hospital from the track, but hes ok and back now after a 4 day stay in deutchland general.
Has to see doctor over here though as has a few issues which need to be sorted to avoid further heart probs but at least hes now back in UK

Pleased your all ok Mike, cut out the long hours and stress as you really dont want to end up going through whats happened to me recently as its not very pleasant
Please take that as a warning sign and heed what i say Wink

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

F sake this pulsar owner ship is stressful weather its paying for them or working on them. That's what I hate about this country everything is so expensive everyone ( well a lot ) work to long and hard just to get by

mreguest

mreguest

Great fun day out! (Mike hope you are well!)

My driving is not massively exciting but here's 3 videos on youtube using my consult box, phone and racerender.

‘Fast’ corner…
https://youtu.be/Ug2_HTIXcV8

First track run.
https://youtu.be/ZunUjQ2ufAA

Second track run.
https://youtu.be/nTmakcBREpQ

Cheers,
Adam

PS: What date is next year!?!? I'm already looking forward to it Smile

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cheers for uploads Adam ..... who got the quickest time ????

mreguest

mreguest

nomad wrote:Cheers for uploads Adam ..... who got the quickest time ????

High speed bend I think most good people were around 70-75mph (69mph was my best) then along comes the instructor in Bob's GTR and put in massive 103mph right at the end!!! Not sure what bob was pulling round the bend before then?

Obviously the instructor does this for a living every day. He was getting in people's passenger seats, getting them to hammer it down the straight at say 75mph then telling them to take their hands off the wheel and he'll steer the high speed corner! affraid thus adding ~5mph to what they were already achieving.

Track times I think most good times were in the mid 50's (I did 57sec on my third go and was quite happy but pulled out as already had a sore back Sad and that was icing on cake) as the day progressed the times were getting very consistent just shaving of a few tenths here and there down to lower 50's...

Ben vs Bob was the battle royale right to the end. Ben in his clio posted the best time with a 49.8ish sec? and i think bob 50.2 sec? (Forget exactly but it was this close) The track was quite twisty in places so I think the immense grip (was on three wheels round some corners) and braking from the Clio, and good driving skills of course, won in the end Smile

Think topgear or 5th-gear proved this same thing in an episode were they found a twisty uk race track to show that the latest civic typeR is as fast as a superbike...

Everytime I do a track day I just find I've no idea and no skill, but I love it! Smile

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's really cool how the speed, rpm and throttle is displayed.

ben15476

ben15476

Thank you Adam for your clear and concise view of who was quickest! Laughing
Someone now needs to explain that to Mr Bob....

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ball age

Haha Laughing Laughing

You know i got the fastest time Benji.....your best was a 49.39 after i held the fastest nearly all afternoon with a 49.78 but once i heard that you had ''very quietly'' beaten my time i then ceased fixing peoples Pulsars, wiped the dirt off my hands & got back in my car then did a 48.32 on a drizzly track

Then high speed bend as you know i got 100mph which beat your 70odd mph so all in all result = Bob winner & Ben loser Laughing ner ner moonie piss taker

But fair play to you, you done well in the Clito to beat all those turbo'd Pulsars thumbsup
But on the other hand you were owned by a cabbage who just got out his wheelchair yoursofunny

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

ben15476