Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Os Giken

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Os Giken Empty Os Giken 19th September 2016, 1:14 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Is it possible to use NS062-BF6 Silvia S15 TR2CD Dampened Twin Plate instead of a NS261-BH6 R2CD? If i open up flywheel holes. Reason i'm asking is that i could get one cheap.

2Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 2:37 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gtir ones use a floating splined hub which maybe done due to assembly height reasons on the gtir box bellhousing.
How much is the proper spring dampened one for the R, one you list for R is non dampened & the kill box input splines & components quite easily.
Someone on forum did have a new expensive twin plate for sale I believe which might be worth browsing over .

3Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 3:21 pm

astarozna

astarozna

There was one spec triple for sale but that's gone. The one I listed was spring dampened but not floating, was just wondering if the rest is the same 200sx and gti-r are both 24spline same flywheel just the biger bolt holes and different release bearing.

4Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 4:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh the R one for dampened or undampened are both floating hub.
I would imagine sylvia has more depth in bell housing perhaps !
Splines etc same so like you say easy enough make fit 54c crank, main issue is clearance to bell housing and space for release bearing.
Maybe see if can get some measures on the assembled clutches and see how similar they are .
how different are the prices !
Nothing from CC or Spec suit your needs & at nice pricing ...

5Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 5:20 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Good points! Well price wise, it's about £500 for that one. I have ap racing at the moment but it's on it's limit torque department and i'm aiming for 500bhp so need to upgrade the clutch.

6Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 6:36 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The dampened os giken are indeed good .
CC do a twin plate organic or ceramic dampened, doubt overly cheap !
Try contacting rhd by email & see if they can give any details on the giken silvia clutch depth over the R one .

7Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 20th September 2016, 7:49 pm

astarozna

astarozna

Will try to do that you the man

8Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 24th September 2016, 7:29 am

astarozna

astarozna

No reply from rhdjapan but got rough measurementOs Giken Image111

9Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 25th September 2016, 9:54 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
that the silvia one right !
Hopefully someone on hear can do a old R os giken for comparison .
Even if will fit I would be concerned over 2 disc with own hubs silvia setup over the shared hub of the R one.
The shared sprung hub covers more spline area on input shaft which along with spring damping helps reduce splines being deformed from lash & R's switch like power delivery .
os giken or a dealer did have notes on spline issue .
couple of threads on here about it when people been using solid hubs .

10Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 25th September 2016, 12:32 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

If going for the os giken you want the R2CD I believe I had a solid hub one fitted & it broke the coller around the input shaft so ended up having to get a box built up because of it, also tore the plates off the hub.

11Os Giken Empty Re: Os Giken 26th September 2016, 5:36 am

astarozna

astarozna

That one is dampened one, it has two discs with springs. I jut need to know the depth of R2CD so i could compare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]