Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

which turbo to go for

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1which turbo to go for  Empty which turbo to go for 18th September 2012, 10:03 pm

lenzo

lenzo

hi guys i need some help picking new turbo i wanna run around the 400 mark. i have been looking to see what turbo to go for gt2871r , gt3076 , gt3071r or the gt30 i wanna try to get the best power plus balance basically a good all rounder and not a lag monster

2which turbo to go for  Empty Re: which turbo to go for 19th September 2012, 10:13 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Depends on your budget. .... And wether or not your buy new or second hand mate

3which turbo to go for  Empty Re: which turbo to go for 19th September 2012, 10:24 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

i would stay away from 3076 as far too big unless your looking for a drag car.

for road and track use i think you cant beat a 2871r sized tubby (3071 is a little too laggy on circuit coming off the apex) and tends to get a lot of chatter if lightly on and off the throttle around 70-80mph, unless its externally wastegated
never driven one with gt30 fitted but i would say if your looking for 400hp then thats the one to go for as it will produce that without taking it to its limit, where as the 2871 is right on its limits to get 400
if your interested lenny ive got a brand new gt30 still boxed with actuator etc up for grabs or have an owen developments equivelant to 2871r (maybe slightly bigger) both are 400+hp capable tubbys ready to bolt up

or the 2871 from my car will be removed in a month or so and thats covered around 2,000 miles from new but is in perfect order with no play or smoke (to be fair though they are mostly track miles)

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4which turbo to go for  Empty Re: which turbo to go for 20th September 2012, 7:28 am

lenzo

lenzo

thanks bob ill pop down and take a look at the gt30 .

5which turbo to go for  Empty Re: which turbo to go for 20th September 2012, 9:47 am

danr

danr

mine but i dont know exactly what it is lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum