Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to forum with gtir project

+3
GTI-R US
nomad
Stu
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to forum  with gtir project Empty New to forum with gtir project 23rd August 2016, 6:49 pm

LEWMAD1

Hi all just purchased a 1992 pulsar gtir in black, its a bit of a restoration but well worth saving. Does anyone know where I can get some panels for the car ie sills rear floor pan rear arches etc, I was thinking of totally stripping down and repairing it then getting good paint job done. any info would be great.

Last edited by LEWMAD1 on 23rd August 2016, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

2New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 23rd August 2016, 7:22 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome to the club
Most people use the 4 door sills and rear arches.
They need some trimming but do the job just fine. And loads cheaper than Nissan oe panels.
http://www.carz2.co.uk/index.asp?function=search

3New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 23rd August 2016, 7:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum ... things like wings and bonnets boot etc plenty of second hand stock are about things like sills and arches follow stu's link he posted Wink

4New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 23rd August 2016, 8:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum, always good hearing someone wanting to restore these cars thumbsup

5New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 23rd August 2016, 11:05 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Welcome to tbe forum
Im sure someone will be able to help you out

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 24th August 2016, 4:24 am

LEWMAD1

Does anyone have photos or instructions on where to cut or trim the 4 door sills and arches, Or has a shell there not using for sections I could cut out.

7New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 24th August 2016, 8:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Is this of any help?

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t121-replacing-rear-arches

8New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 24th August 2016, 3:41 pm

LEWMAD1

That's really useful any info on the 4 door sills fitting 3 door also ,and was wandering about the inner archs are they all the same

9New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 25th August 2016, 7:03 am

LEWMAD1

GTI-R US wrote:Welcome to tbe forum
Im sure someone will be able to help you out
pm sent

10New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 25th August 2016, 7:10 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

11New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 26th August 2016, 1:11 pm

LEWMAD1

Got someone coming round at week end to give me price on welding and what panels I will need prob need the sills and arches which I will get from the shop on the link on this post buty could do with a front drivers wing as some one kicked it.

12New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 27th August 2016, 2:58 pm

LEWMAD1

Well the project turn out to be a bit of a handfull, its worse than I thought, so undicided what to do, but if anyone knows of a good shell or unfinished project with great bodywork I would be interested as everything else I have to build into it. Crying or Very sad

13New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 27th August 2016, 6:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How bad is it .... new sills ...arches ....???

14New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 27th August 2016, 8:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum where you based and how soon you looking I putting a white one up for sale when I get back from Nurburgring and also a black full car or rolling shell

15New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 28th August 2016, 8:26 am

LEWMAD1

Iam based in Manchester. it needs both inner and outer sills, both rear wheel arches small bit in boot and under rubber hatchback seal the 2 rear floorpans at the back need plating and inner o/s arch has a hole plus hole in rear chasis section, it prop could be done but welding not my thing and welders are hard to find who would spend time and effort into a good repair. Also wants a full paint job which was my intention anyway of stripping it back to bare shell.

16New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 28th August 2016, 8:28 am

LEWMAD1

johnny gtir pm sent to you

17New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 28th August 2016, 9:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It all could be done but the price your pay for a decent job would out wiegh the price of a reshell if you can do the work yourself of course .... it is harder to find a rot free shell nowadays afterall they are pretty old now so dont think there is such a thing as totally rot free not unless its been done recently or freshly imported even then its pot luck so to speak ....

18New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 29th August 2016, 8:10 am

LEWMAD1

I know what you mean, the price on welding didn't much bother me but I do have a limit, i would rather see this one go back on road, its a shame really as I driven it back about a mile to my house and it performed great for a car being stood since 2010.Its only got 3 owners and done 70000 miles just been neglected. If a good shell comes up with all welding already done that someone will never do, i would build into that. just unsure what to do. confused

19New to forum  with gtir project Empty Re: New to forum with gtir project 29th August 2016, 3:48 pm

LEWMAD1

johnny gtir did you get my message

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum