Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

plastic re-blackening

+2
Stu
toaster55
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1plastic re-blackening Empty plastic re-blackening 10th August 2016, 12:43 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Was chatting to one of my colleagues today and he mentioned that you can re-blacken bumper plastic and side trim that has gone grey with a heat gun! here is a you tube vid of someone doing it

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9tDq1oRy9U

what I want to know is, has anyone on here tried it and does it have any detrimental effects on the bumper? otherwise looks like a very cheap way to sort out bumpers and side trim without bying any products.

2plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 10th August 2016, 4:51 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I I havent done it but the nova boys do it and it works a treat!
I haven't ever heard of any bad experiences.

3plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 10th August 2016, 8:22 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's pretty cool, never seen it before. It would be alot of heat though? My side trim would probably fall off, I think they are glued on lol

4plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 10th August 2016, 8:30 pm

toaster55

toaster55

My work mate mentioned it, he had done an old polo he got for 400 quid , where the bumpers and trim had gone nearly white. Said it worked OK, and managed to flog the car for 800 , but hadn't seen it since, so didn't know how long it lasts. Might try on a bumper I've got in the garage.

5plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 12th August 2016, 6:07 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Never heard of that before, might give it a go after on my tranny and see what happens

6plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 12th August 2016, 8:06 am

shroom

shroom

burrows1980 wrote:Never heard of that before, might give it a go after on my tranny and see what happens

He/she might find that quite painful!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

7plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 12th August 2016, 8:46 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

LOL it'll be right, pain adds to the experience Laughing

8plastic re-blackening Empty Re: plastic re-blackening 12th August 2016, 9:49 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

just watched a few of the other clips after the heat gun clip - some guy in the US used peanut butter and it seemed to do a good job - not sure id be up for that myself but maybe the oils in it did the job

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum