Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bc coilovers

+3
mreguest
pulsarmoley
gtir_woody
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bc coilovers Empty Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 7:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Recommended spring rates on these again please and can anyone tell me advantages and disadvantages as I see they now list the

Ra model
And mh model

2Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 7:45 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4073-rear-diff

Bob post 8 Smile

3Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 8:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thanks mate knew it was on here somewhere

Wonder if anyone's tried the mh ones

4Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 8:46 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I dunno I wonder if there is a huge difference with using the inverted shock/damper on the MH ones. Isn't a big difference in price between the RA and MH models by the looks.

Last edited by gtir_woody on 29th June 2016, 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 8:46 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Think I may invest in a set of these now I know my fronts are fooked

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

6Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 9:03 pm

mreguest

mreguest

I fitted bc RAs recently. 5kg front 4kg rear. Love them!

I've had teins, f'ing bone shakers! but springs were like 7kg or so Sad

I've had GABs, they were too lowered and my wheels/tyres are big, so scrubbed arches now and again on very bumpy roads. They were pretty good and dampers adjustable.

The car feels really well planted on the BCs. Bare in mind I drive it everyday (when it's not f*&^ked) so I want some comfort. However, I do a few tracks days and in theory you simply just turn up the dampers to stiffen it up a bit.

34cm hub centre to arch front, 35cm hub to arch rear, is my ride height.

So I don't think 6kg front 5kg rear would be my choice for the road, however, i'll pass more comments in two weeks when i've had chance to hammer them. I've got a track day booked with an instructor around goodwood Smile

7Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 29th June 2016, 9:19 pm

toaster55

toaster55

Thinking of a set myself, I've got Teins at the mo but as I drive more on road than track I think they'll be a better bet.

8Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 30th June 2016, 6:38 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

BC are OK for cost but main downside is valving is no where as good as bigger money stuff plus stroke travel is way too short really. Inverted struts never bad thing as less unsprung weight the better, worth seeing if BC would do longer stroke too . Struts and LSD front diff is about 2 best handling things you can do, struts need be matched for use & anything amazing cost 2 or 3 times BC unfortunately ...

9Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 30th June 2016, 6:41 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

They are much nicer than tein for road use and Bob dose them at a good price so get them ordered up I gaurentee you won't be disappointed. Sell the tein and it will fund most of them. Tein are good but in the right place/track for the cost and adjustability settings inc height for the price are well worth it

As mr b says but for what a lot of our cars are used for these are affordable all rounder.

I know exactully what he means but the spare cash on a few peoples cars b would go a long way to say replacing a couple worn 20 year old bushes or slightly better tyres. Seen a few R with high end stuff and it's wasted for the use Of the car mate

10Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 30th June 2016, 7:17 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ Yeh I understand, at price you guys get them for off bob it hard complain . worth approaching bc and see if will do sets with more stroke & main/tender spring setups as would be way better for those doing quite a lot of road driving .
For mainly road use you better off with standard new struts or inserts in old units .
Spending 3-4k gbp is indeed budget wasted for most, 1-1.5k gbp can get you bilstein inserts custom valved & custom springs & makes a far better 50/50 road/track setup .
Money is indeed best spread & likes of modena front diff, carbotech pads & couple sets of wheels with track/road tyres has huge benefits for outlay.

11Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 30th June 2016, 7:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

B it probably me been lazy but if there were options on the shelf I would try them if ohlins did them for example. I chased a few companies for options inc the cheaper inserts and it was like banging my head off a brick wall. Slightly off topic but brake companies offering custom discs etc and half you don't hear back from they only want big motorsport companies ordering big orders. Even after I sort of suggested 5 units price no issue as I understand it's sort of one off so cost could be high

12Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 1st July 2016, 7:25 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh for inserts you got either go with off shelf ones that about right length etc or pay more & supply bilstiein sizes & they make.
If could get numbers worth having word with bilstein or similar, no bigger companies going bother doing on shelf but they will do custom one offs or batches . Likes of USA & Asia way better on suspension shops so custom more common way to go. Lot of motorsport companies in uk can handle bilstein insert mods .
Would be worth having word with BC too as if they do longer travel & dual springs it would be way better acceptable road/light track setup at super sensible cost .

13Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 10th August 2016, 10:47 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mr B wrote:^ Yeh I understand, at price you guys get them for off bob it hard complain . worth approaching bc and see if will do sets with more stroke & main/tender spring setups as would be way better for those doing quite a lot of road driving .

Weve sold close to 80 sets of these for gtir and other marques and without doubt they are by far the best vfm coilovers you can get, not saying that because were agents for them as price we sell them for we make very little out of them.
I have even bought a set for my R35 in favour of the £3800 Bilstein / Litchfield setup i was running, which must say something as to how pleased i am with them.
Ive driven Gtir's with all kinds of setups including the very expensive Proflex inverted struts from an nme rally car we bought years back, Teins, D2s, Gab, Ohlins, Leda, G-force to name just some of them and have to say that imho that the BCs are the best coilovers for road use closely followed by Leda's.
Also brilliant on track as you can specify exactly what you want and they will build it for you.
Im running the ER series with external canister on my Gtr which are in comparison with stuff 8 x their cost and they perform as well.

So in short here are the benefits, and this is on their cheapest RA struts:

1. specify any spring weight you desire
2. specify any stroke / length you want
3. Build quality is extremely good compared to any other struts weve used
4. Easy to adjust height without unbolting from hub like you have to on some other makes
5. Lots of adjustments
6. Many makes (including gtir) come with adjustable pillowball top mounts as standard
7. Very good after sales backup and parts supply

In the 3 years weve been dealing with BC and supplying coilovers for them i can honestly say ive not had one set come back with any faults, that goes for many that use cars on track including myself and you can ask no more than that in their product especially at the ridiculously low price we sell them for.

Sorry if i come across a bit defensive but just speak as i find which is why im quite defensive regarding what is a very good product

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Bc coilovers Empty Re: Bc coilovers 10th August 2016, 2:59 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I had JIC, Leda, BC, gab, ohlins and bilstien b6 inserts, ohlin and bilstien being my favorite, BC would of been better if stroke was double the supplied kit range especially for road use .
Would agree they best of the value for money coilovers, do they charge more if you request increased stroke, want dual spring setup keep preloaded & make use of the travel too. Roads here are awful but UK b roads rough and  need way more travel/droop for proper traction .
I had dual springs on BC and was quite good besides standard stroke & softer springs highlight the short stroke issue .
B6 bilsteins and ohlins back in their youth are massively better if doing a lot of poor road surface driving . Suspension opinion very personal though .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum