Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Let the fun begin!

+3
dpmc21
burrows1980
johnny gtir
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 10th May 2016, 4:09 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

Awesome response guys thanks. I am going to see if I can get hold of the proper lifting points from Nissan before the end of the week, don't see any harm in having them. If I can't get them then I will just use a strap as has been suggested. Should have no issues getting the car high enough with either my jack or hoist....now time to go bread basket trolley hunting Laughing

On another note, I have heard back from Questmead who are having my calipers refurbished at AP for me, they should be back with me at the end of the month, even though they won't be fitted for ages I am still excited to get them back! If any one is interested here is a link to the details on the calipers I have from AP:

https://www.apracing.com/product_details/race_car/brake_calipers/general_use_range/-4_piston-cp3307-differential_bore-no_longer_available_to_order.aspx

A couple of other things I need some input on, so any you may have is welcomed. I am trying to find some info on the Ohlins shocks that were on the car when I imported it, pics are earlier in the thread, can't find much on them. Has anyone else had experience with them? Do you know what they are suited for etc? Need to know a bit more about them to help me make a decision regarding the suspension. My options are to either refurbish them and have some springs made to suit or go for a full new suspension set-up custom made, I have made contact with Quantum Racing about possibly doing something for me but it certainly won't be cheap.

I am also looking for a standard throw billet crank, don't wan't to go the stroker route, want it to rev freely, nice and high so I will be having the head built accordingly. Going to most likely go with Pauter rods, not sure on Pistons just yet, the ones currently in are forged HKS so may be no need to change them, but I can't seem to find a standard throw billet crank, all the ones I have found have been for stroker kits. Any suggestions again would be welcomed.

Last edited by dpmc21 on 12th May 2016, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

27Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 10th May 2016, 6:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Engine mate can be strapped around inlet Plenum close to block and exhaust manifold or housing for rad pipe as someone said seat belts work or chains

28Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 11th May 2016, 8:23 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

I made a little progress on the car this evening as well, bought a towing strap, got the engine crane and trolley jack out, strapped the engine as Johnny suggested and a few hours and several scary moments later the engine is finally out :grin: great success!! Next task is to remove all the brake lines, fuel lines, steering rack, fuel tank, dash and all the wiring. I move into my unit in within the next 2 weeks as well so I am going to be able to really crack on from there. Until my next update, here is a few pics of the engine finally out!

Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0359
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0358
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0357
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0356
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0360

29Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 11th May 2016, 8:37 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Absolutely loving this thread. Glad you took my advice and started it and thanks for taking the time to keep updating as its everything I am doing to mine and power etc so very interested mate

30Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 11th May 2016, 8:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

You've really been smashing into it and making good progress, at this rate it will be done it no time Laughing

31Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 12th May 2016, 7:21 am

dpmc21

dpmc21

Cheers Johnny I'm glad you did, it's been interesting doing it so far and hopefully this thread will be something for me to look back on, helps document it all as well.

Woody I'm taking advantage of the nice weather while it's here, no doubt it will be pissing down with rain soon Laughing there's still a long way to go on this one though, planning on making as much of the body from carbon fibre so that is going to take time I know that and I've yet to buy the stuff for making it. I'm looking for a rotisserie so I can work on the underside of the car without having to be working upside down, so that's probably going to be the next step once I get in the unit.

32Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 12th May 2016, 12:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Do you make the the panels yourself and what bits are you doing ????

33Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 12th May 2016, 3:43 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

I don't want to get ahead of myself as I have never done anything in carbon fibre, but, I do plan on attempting to make the parts. I've made some fibreglass moulds and parts in the past (a good 12 years ago now) but figure that experience won't hurt. I would like to make the boot, spoiler, doors, front wings, bonnet, vents and grill in carbon. May even attempt the dash as well if things go well. I know I can go out and buy them but I actually want to make them, would like to do as much as possible on the car myself where feasible.

34Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 28th June 2016, 2:42 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

Dude your crazy!! Lovin the thread thumbsup this should be a stunner Smile

35Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 28th June 2016, 7:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

It's much more fun and rewarding making stuff yourself Smile

36Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 3rd July 2016, 4:49 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

Cheers lads, it is definitely going to be fun.

So it's been a little while now since I had a chance to do much to the car or ANY updates mainly due to work, but, I now have my unit, I've moved a load of the parts up there but before I move the shell up I need to build some benches and get some work areas set-up especially for the carbon work. That's what I am busy with at the moment and once I have bought all the stuff I need to start making carbon parts I will hopefully be able to get some more regular updates going.

On another note, I received my calipers back fully refurbished. They are great so big thanks to Kevin at Questmeade (http://www.questmead.co.uk/) who got them totally overhauled for me by AP, few pics attached for you all.

Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0414
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0410
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0413
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0412
Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Img_0411

37Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 3rd July 2016, 5:58 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What did that set you back mate ?

38Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 4th July 2016, 9:14 am

dpmc21

dpmc21

They cost £170 +vat per caliper mate

39Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 31st March 2017, 6:14 pm

dpmc21

dpmc21

Well it's been a little while since I posted anything on here so thought I'd post a little update. Business has stopped me doing much since last summer but I did get my unit sorted and have slowly kitted it out with all the goodies to have fun as and when. Recently acquired a full car rotisserie so that is going to make certain jobs a lot easier. Just finished building the area where I plan to give making carbon parts a go as well, need to buy some materials etc and then get started. I've also been a little delayed as I bought myself a little Renault 5 GT turbo that I'm trying to get ready for the summer, once it's finished then it's full steam ahead with the Pulsar to have her ready for next summer.

40Let the fun begin! - Page 2 Empty Re: Let the fun begin! 1st April 2017, 12:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Good stuff, its always good to have everything setup in the garage and how you want. Makes working on the car more motivating and easier.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2