Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers! Empty Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers! 23rd March 2016, 10:08 am

mercer_5254_mercer

Morning all. I have recently rebuild my gearbox as I had a snapped 3/4th selector. All back together and moving round a car park it got stuck in 2nd gear. I pulled the box and inspected with nothing obvious a miss! Back together and again in a car park selecting from 1st to reverses got stuck in 2nd. I have managed to get it back to neutral by removing the detent spring and ball bearing then moving the selector shaft. I suspect the spring to be at fault although it looks ok. Am after the part numbers for the spring and ball bearing so I can order. If anybody has theses?? Or any other advice to what it could be would be much appreciated. Cheers.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Hi mate,

Hopefully someone can help you out here.

For some reason I remember if the balls aren't put back exactly how they came out its a nightmare.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

could have something amiss with selector ball retainers where shaft moving off position causing the jam, debris or anything else fitted incorrect !?

links below to selector parts diagram, one original nissan4u page & one a pdf >
hoping it something simple, good luck

http://nissan4u.com/parts/sunny/er_n14/1992_2/type_23/power_train/transmission_shift_control/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Ub2apq5-pfMjZPZGRfZ2tWVHc/view?usp=sharing

4Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers! Empty Re: Help Wanted Detent Springs Part Numbers! 28th September 2016, 10:05 pm

mreguest

mreguest

did you ever figure this out?

what was the problem?

cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum