Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Propshaft centre bearing?

+2
Bandyleg
johnboy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 11:44 am

johnboy

johnboy

Got a vibration in the Car, anywhere from 20 up to 50 mph, and it's slowly getting worse....
No rattles or bangs, just a steady vibration - bit like a buckled wheel or bad tyre. (I've checked, and it's not that.)
There's quite a bit of movement on the centre bearing of the main propshaft and I was wondering if it might be that?
It is on the Rasheen - but don't hold that against it. Very Happy
Any thoughts?

2Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 11:53 am

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

I guess common sense would say that if something is spinning that fast on a wobbly bearing it probably would vibrate. Is it a big job on that thing??

3Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 1:31 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There sliding props on there unlike the Gtir. Worn doughnut rubber is a problem on the prop john ( I think)

4Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 1:45 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

So it could be so much worse?

If you don't mind me asking what are they like as a daily... you don't see many of them

5Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 2:32 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Johnny - are you saying it's different to the GTIR? Will have to try ad get them together and have a closer look. If they're different to the R then I can see parts being a problem!!!

I like it for a daily, it's the only auto I've ever owned and I find it quite relaxing - at my age. Shocked

6Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 2:43 pm

Bandyleg

Bandyleg

johnboy wrote:

Johnny - are you saying it's different to the GTIR? Will have to try ad get them together and have a closer look. If they're different to the R then I can see parts being a problem!!!

I like it for a daily, it's the only auto I've ever owned and I find it quite relaxing -  at my age.  Shocked

Only just spotted your youth, I fancy one but I think I have to wait and see how I get on with one import first lol

7Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 7:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121766616508?_mwBanner=1

8Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 7:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Think thats the one your on about john....

9Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 7:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Propshaft centre bearing? Screenshot_2016-01-27-19-48-25

10Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 8:11 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

johnboy wrote:

I like it for a daily, it's the only auto I've ever owned and I find it quite relaxing -  at my age.  Shocked
Yes bob mentioned it then we looked at his one and its with been a 4x4 (jeep) rather than car so if your off road with it. Whitey has one and Is converting things on his so he might know about them john

11Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 10:53 pm

johnboy

johnboy

nomad wrote:http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121766616508?_mwBanner=1

Good find mate. I was so sure there wouldn't be one that I didn't bother looking...
I'll get under the Rasheen and the R tomorrow and have a good look.
Be interesting to order one and see how long it takes to arrive from Latvia!!
Even if it's a different shaft is there any chance of the bearing being the same part on both?

12Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 27th January 2016, 11:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Judging by the diagrams i found the props look different .... the bearing i posted supports lots of diffent models however it doesnt list the pulsar gtir or sunny gtir ...

13Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 6:15 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No way you can get it off the ground johnboy and get it into drive and see what's going on ? If not at home play dumb at a garage get them to check it but don't get the work done ther. Or get booked in at bobs to check it before you pay out on parts

14Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 6:20 am

wrc

wrc

The supporting rubber on both the prop bearings between the bearing and the casing will be split or perished giving the moment in the prop and possibly your said vibration.

Mine are the same, I will be filling mine with tiger seal.and essentislling 'making' my own new, harder rubber that way.

15Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 6:21 am

wrc

wrc

Sorry just seen it's on a rasheen. But I would imagine the setup is similar?

16Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 6:32 am

splmum

splmum

This one is from the same seller group and has a listing for the GTI-R all years and does std Internat'l post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CENTER-BEARING-SUPPORT-/111838274983?hash=item1a0a14a5a7:g:W~4AAOSwxN5WXWxP

17Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 12:33 pm

johnboy

johnboy

johnny gtir wrote:No way you can get it off the ground johnboy and get it into drive and see what's going on ? If not at home play dumb at a garage get them to check it but don't get the work done ther. Or get booked in at bobs to check it before you pay out on parts

Had all 4 off the ground a couple of weeks ago when it first started as I thought it probably a damaged wheel or tyre. Got up to 60 with no vibration at all but didn't think to look at the propshaft. It's got a lot worse since then so will have to try it again.

18Propshaft centre bearing? Empty Re: Propshaft centre bearing? 28th January 2016, 2:48 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Just had a look and the R and the Rasheen both look exactly the same to me. There is a lot of movement on the rear one of the 2 centre bearing so I think that's got to be the trouble. On the R there is very little movement on either.
Spot the difference

Rasheen
Propshaft centre bearing? 20160128_131813_zpsdwyymtqb[/URL]

Propshaft centre bearing? 20160128_133400_zpstjvv4m22[/URL]

GTi-R

Propshaft centre bearing? 20160128_133055_zpsigxovjxg[/URL]

Propshaft centre bearing? 20160128_133211_zpspmdxmlic[/URL]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum