Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Water jacket gunk?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Water jacket gunk? Empty Water jacket gunk? 8th January 2016, 6:47 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Evenin,

I stripped the engine down this afternoon, when I removed the head I discovered one of the water jackets is completely blocked on cylinder 4

Water jacket gunk? 1A44B72E-B50E-4BA8-9B25-5025BBBDA09F_zpstnbouspo

I dug the stuff out with a small screwdriver

Water jacket gunk? B7AB55AD-C79D-48C1-8DF5-E6FA2453C974_zpsv4n8789q

Any idea what's caused this?  Under the head gasket a blob of liquid gasket was wedged in another smaller water way, same sealant as used around this housing

Water jacket gunk? 0FB9BFBA-E521-411F-881C-12B10E136A72_zpsvq45xstc

Wondering if this what caused the problem on the blocked jacket?

Gaz

2Water jacket gunk? Empty Re: Water jacket gunk? 8th January 2016, 7:27 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

possibly, not a big fan of use of sealants as seen too many problems due to excessive sealant.
Seen similar on a 7mgte I had displeasure of working on & that had clogged couple water ways due to sealant fragment partially blocking then further debris builds up round restriction.
Some coolant chemicals or leak additives can make interesting gunk & chemically react too .
You doing a full strip & clean ?

3Water jacket gunk? Empty Re: Water jacket gunk? 8th January 2016, 7:43 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Of course Mr B full clean to match the car Laughing

Noticed one of the other liquid sealant joints had excess on from Nissan too! Hopefully not done any damage!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum