Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lambda sensor

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lambda sensor Empty Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 10:58 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

How many lambdas do these things have? my mot failed due to the lambda being ripped out and a hole left, when i took into the exhaust place they plugged the hole and said it looks like it had just been removed, weird as my emissions passed, so is there more than 1 sensor in the exhaust?

the hole was in the centre section before a silencer. turns out my downpipe wasnt even an issue :/

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

2Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 11:21 am

shroom

shroom

There is one lambda in the turbo elbow. The other sensor could be the catalytic convertor sensor which senses temperature and if hot will eluminate a bulb on your dash to warn you its hot so you dont park on grass and set fire to it? Pretty dumb

Find a better MOT tester lol

3Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 11:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

It always makes me laugh about the bulb on the dash to warn you not to park on grass and set fire to it Laughing

4Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 11:30 am

shroom

shroom

Yeah to go along with the umbrella and air con and all the other weird refinements on a "rally" car haha

5Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 12:27 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Or a wideband sensor ....was fitted and taken out ...

6Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 12:42 pm

wrc

wrc

Standard the only 'lambda' is in the downpipe.

The sensor near the cat is a cat temp probe and bears no odds to emissions and/or running of the vehicle.

7Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 1:51 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

thanks guys that makes sense, its plugged now and sounds great Smile so dont really need to replace it?

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

8Lambda sensor Empty Re: Lambda sensor 4th January 2016, 2:09 pm

shroom

shroom

Nope you should be good! You will see the lambda if you look down by the dip stick entry and the plug its on the turbo elbow :-) anything else is not really needed although a hole is never good so as you have done plug it up :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum