Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Input shaft DGB bearing help?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Input shaft DGB bearing help? 13th December 2015, 9:40 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I've started stripping the gearbox and all looks OK so i'm going to replace the bearings and seals.
As can be seen in the pic, the main shaft taper bearing has a std catalogue number so ive no problem sourcing that, but the main shaft bearing doesn't.
ive never heard of Nachi, in fact im not even sure if im reading the part number right. Is z88 or 288? Does it end in s1or 51? scratch
Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Very Happy
Input shaft DGB bearing help? Image_zpsjychvqq2

2Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Re: Input shaft DGB bearing help? 13th December 2015, 10:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I would take all the bearings and seals out you are wanting to replace and take it to a local supplier, thats what i'll be doing when i rebuild mine Wink

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Re: Input shaft DGB bearing help? 13th December 2015, 10:18 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Thats not a bad idea. How are you going to re-shim it?

4Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Re: Input shaft DGB bearing help? 13th December 2015, 10:59 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Hopefully i will find the info on how to do it when i need it. I'll obviously take note of where all the shims were on removal. Im thinking if i need shims i will see if i have any at work as we do all sizes of gearboxes so might get lucky, other than that it will be a visit to Nissan or an online search

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

5Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Re: Input shaft DGB bearing help? 13th December 2015, 11:10 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Cosmic73 wrote:Thats not a bad idea. How are you going to re-shim it?
I've done what Pete said and my man supplied me exactly same bearings (with less wear obviously), so if you replacing bearing with same manufacturer etc there should be no need for re shimming (that's my theory anyway). Best part was that Nissan wanted £120 for it (input shaft bearing) and I've paid £25 all in....

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

6Input shaft DGB bearing help? Empty Re: Input shaft DGB bearing help? 14th December 2015, 9:29 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

The input shaft assembly should be ok as the ball bearing widths have quite a tight tolerance but the others have taper bearings and their width tolerances aren't as as tight.
Anyway the worse that would happen is that you'd get a bit more or a bit less pre-load then spec.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum