Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet

+2
nomad
Mr B
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet Empty Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet 16th November 2015, 11:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Had one of these about ten month.
bought it as useful concept & quality looks way better than price would suggest, I paid almost £23 but seen them around for under £20 in uk. feels solid, all tight precision joints & finish/plating is very very decent.
72 tooth ratchet is quite smooth, not smoothest but does feel strong so never afraid of it failing.
great in cramped spaces, good length & nice hand comfort, good for speed too as can use like screwdriver with socket on end. You could buy 8 of these for one rip-off 'snap-on' one . ratchet repair kit is available too which nice to know. lot of laser stuff is over priced or not great but this is something they got right .
Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet 3520ratchet38driveNice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet Laser3520

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im getting one of these looks a handy rachet to have ....

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Nice find. Gave you a rep so you and Lieghton have the same number now Laughing

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

thumbsup
the Rep battle commences lol ...

Is nice usable ratchet, It become main 3/8 one I use, britool do one too but that more like £35+
Laser one is on eBay for 17.95 which around £15 cheaper than most retailer & almost 5gbp cheaper than I paid Sad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232068879254

Last edited by Mr B on 6th September 2016, 4:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ebay link updated)

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it im starting whoreing myself out for reps lol ...

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^^^ yoursofunny

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ooo oo look MrB has one more rep point Laughing

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Does Lieghton deserve a rep for consistently being a whore? Laughing

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet 1zgarz5
no cheating - whoring allowed . lol

10Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet Empty Re: Nice sensible priced swivel head 3/8 ratchet 17th November 2015, 11:43 pm

shroom

shroom

nomad wrote:Thats it im starting whoreing myself out for reps lol ...

PM me how much your 30 min slots are please

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

even cheaper at moment .
£16 but will take offer like £14-15
they great ratchet (had mine over 1yr and use it loads) and most places almost twice that price .
72tooth 9" length which good length on 3/8 and means use it lot over 1/2 as more compact .
Only 2 left :-P be quick if want one cheap cheap cheap, nice ratchet even for £28 but super nice at this price >
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201696635544

mc_hawkings24

Had one of these laser ratchets before i bought a snap on swivel which i couldn't afford at the time. Very dangerous is the laser swivel ratchet that you really really need to watch your fingers as you can get them caught between the swivel and the holder and does it bloody hurt.

I gave it to someone else and they caught there fingers aswell hehe. Go snap on 100teeth swivel, it's by far the best investment i've made for ratchets.

shroom

shroom

Whats different with the snapon design to stop you catching your fingers? Surely its not that hard not to trap them lol

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

mc_hawkings24

Its the ratchet switch it's metal and sits proud and can pinch your skin if it swivels against the holder. The snap on ratchet switch is plastic and near enough flat so no chance of catching your skin plus its a longer ratchet.

The laser one works fine but just be wary but swivels are very handy.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not pinched my skin on switch yet, identical ratchet to tekton or pittsburgh, would prefer switch less prominent at times but it easy switch even when oily over flat face ones. Snap on one is about 11", 100 tooth nice, their ratchets are nice and one thing they do excel in but it well over £100 . If spending that sort of money look at facom, mac etc, gearwrench do some real nice ratchets at mid-range pricing with 72 to 120  dual pawl tooth positions, werkzeug do a few decent ratchets too for sensible price, have a 1/2" variable length flexi head (from black/grey tool range) & it been daily work abused but still going strong . we get a lot of the taiwan oem stuff such as infar & chian chern here and some is real good for cost .

mc_hawkings24

Now you've said it it's going to happen your going to pinch yourself now hehe.

We did have a mactools van that stocked facom/gear wrench etc in our industrial estate for a few months but didn't last because they were pretty expensive so people didn't bother buying anything.
Boils down to who comes round to your workshop be it snap on or mactools thats who you'll buy from. Mactools used to be decent in the 90's but then stanley bought them out and went downhill after that. I liked some of the facom stuff they had
But didn't buy because if they go bust it's hard to get tools replaced or fixed

I only ever buy stuff on special offer but not the tap and die kits...£160 plus vat noooo way.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Lol, I will be paranoid using it now :-)
A lot does indeed tend link to what local especially from easy warranty perspective.
I like stahlwille and koken some facom draper expert along with knipex ck and wera for pliers cutters and screwdriver's and some interesting taiwan/china stuff locally found for bit of cheap gamble on bits don't use much, got some geartech reversible ratchet spanners by infa and they real good at cost here.
Gearwrench is good at USA prices, I want 84 or 120xp comfort grip long handle flexi head 3pc set but got wait for a friend bring or post a set over once on sensible sale price, less than $100 apparently. You can get them online at ok prices too .
Snap on not big here so warranty painful as would be theft, I tend buy on principle I can afford replace myself if broken borrowed long term or stolen plus I'm thrifty on tool budget these days, cheap Charlie as they say here :-/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum