Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to replace a front wheel stud

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to replace a front wheel stud Empty How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:34 pm

Indy

Hello chaps can anyone guide me on to how to replace a front wheel stud as mine has been cross threaded thanks in advanced

2How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:51 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

When I knocked all mine out, I just screwed a nut on a few turns then couple of hits with a lump hammer, and popped straight out. As yours is cross threaded prob just clout the stud with the hammer. My Hubs were off the car, cant imagine it would be any different on the car though.

Gaz

3How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

rotate hub so suitable clearance behind stud you want remove & tap it out with hammer, normally they not that tight & drive out quite easily.
to put a new one in use washers & over size nut then a decent nut wound on catching all thread & tighten it to pull stud in fully, bit of wd40 on stud splines can help them slip in. If real tight to remove/refit then best pulling spindle off over struggling or damaging stud, hub or bearing.

4How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:54 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Total top of my head if it's knackard line it up at rear so it can knock it past hub. Wack it out get new one line splines up put socket on screw wheel nut on and tighten it will pull in. Don't use light weight wheel nut as it will just strip it 

That's just very very rough guide not a bad job mate

5How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:54 pm

Indy

Thanks gaz my hubs are on the car I know I might have to take the calipers off and the dust shild but if I could get away without removing the hub that would be ideal

6How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 8:56 pm

Indy

Thanks guys I'm gonna order some off conceptua and replace it tha ka again

7How to replace a front wheel stud Empty Re: How to replace a front wheel stud 27th September 2015, 9:04 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Shouldn't have to remove the dust shield, once the caliper is off you just be able to hit out it in the space where the caliper used to sit

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum