Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Radiator

+4
nomad
mc_hawkings24
johnny gtir
Supernova
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Radiator Empty New Radiator 19th September 2015, 10:06 am

Supernova

After being a bit of a clumsy git this morning I've managed to break my radiator, I've snapped the top outlet flange off. I think I can repair it temporarily but I'm going to need a new rad.

Which one should I go for and where is the best place to buy it?

2New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 12:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Standard or uprated standard I would say  e bay one but a shop seller sell the same thickness as a sunny so slightly thicker than a pulsar but totally standard fit with clearance issue around £45 I think or a local motor factors will supply the same 

Uprated I am a fan of mishimoto alloy rads for the money  great fit and again very few clearance issues unlike say the 50mm kyo

3New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 12:33 pm

Supernova

Ideally i'll put an uprated one on as it makes more sense to do it properly.

I've been looking at this one which seems good value for money http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350573955997?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

Will I need slimline fans as their isn't much room between the standard one and my intercooler as it stands.

4New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 4:12 pm

mc_hawkings24

Is your rad pushed further towards the engine than oem position?. I've also been looking at those rads, black looks nicer. Could get this one Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171874110390&alt=web for 45quid more comes with fan shroud and fans

5New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 4:39 pm

Supernova

As far as I'm aware the rad is in it's standard position. Well I've already purchased the one in the link I put up. Hopefully it all fit's ok but I imagine I can make it fit I'm unsure about the fans but the link that you provided has the fans on the opposite side so thats an option.

6New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 5:13 pm

mc_hawkings24

You could have it pushing air through the rad or pulling the air like oem. I'd do it oem for ease unless you have a wacking great big turbo and don't have much room? Slim line fans are dirt cheap anyway, i bought ebay specials for 30quid but the shroud looks cool. Think i will be adding it to my christmas list

7New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 5:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have the same one as in the link with the slimline fans on the inside ...

8New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 5:19 pm

mc_hawkings24

Is it a good fit and sturdy? Looks decent in the pics

9New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 5:26 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

pull fans is the preferred setup.

10New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 5:52 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No problems fitting will 100% need the slimline fans as its to tight otherwise against the turbo ...as b said pull fans imo are better ...

11New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 19th September 2015, 8:56 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:pull fans is the preferred setup.

Indeed but in many setups room between the rad and the turbo/manifold is an issue with the little cars Sad

12New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 21st September 2015, 8:39 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

ive got a japspeed one from ebay, decent rad but damn was it a tight fit, its also 50mm and im using the standard fans with no issues for over a year

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

13New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 21st September 2015, 10:31 am

Supernova

That's good news where did you mount your fans? Between the intercooler or between the turbo?

14New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 21st September 2015, 12:07 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Supernova wrote:That's good news where did you mount your fans? Between the intercooler or between the turbo?

if that was aimed at me, the fans were in the original position, no modifications to anything at all, just removed fans from old rad and placed them on the new rad, it was a really tight fit and the only issue i had was getting it all past the aircon pipe but there still a bit of space between the turbo and the fans

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

15New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 22nd September 2015, 3:48 pm

Supernova

Rad has turned up today but I seem to have a couple of outlets on the bottom of the rad that ain't their on the standard one, anybody have any idea what their for?

New Radiator WP_20150922_16_38_37_Pro_zps7ra1yc86

16New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 22nd September 2015, 4:16 pm

toaster55

toaster55

They don't matter.ignore them. Think they are for steering cooling or heating or something. Anyhow they are connected together so won't leak. I'm selling mine at the mo and never connected them up.

17New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 22nd September 2015, 4:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yea power steering cooling is what I heard

18New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 23rd September 2015, 8:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Is that because they use the same radiator on other cars where the P/S cooler part would be used?

19New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 23rd September 2015, 11:48 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ I think the y10 sunny has same radiator as gtir & also the b13 sentra sr20 has same or close enough match to fit.
Would assume you right in thinking these rads designed fit several models. I would of thought the integral cooler tube was for auto trans fluid, most oem pas coolers are simple small air cooler tubes .

20New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 25th September 2015, 1:58 pm

Supernova

New rad installed today I must say I'm quite impressed at the quality for the price.

New Radiator WP_20150925_11_37_05_Pro_zpshlxoq7gy

New Radiator WP_20150925_11_38_56_Pro_zpsrvpjdcdm

New Radiator WP_20150925_12_43_40_Pro_zpsc219dkom

New Radiator WP_20150925_12_43_54_Pro_zpshn1rr5fo

One question I have though is the new rad came with a 1.3 bar cap and I have just brought a hks 1.1 bar cap so I have fitted that because it looks better. Any reason why I should run the 1.3 rather than the 1.1?

21New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 25th September 2015, 6:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stick with 1.1, too much water pressure can be a bad thing & lead to nasty problems.

22New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 25th September 2015, 6:32 pm

ive used nismo rad caps in all my gtirs since 1999 yet to have a problem with increased pressure

23New Radiator Empty Re: New Radiator 25th September 2015, 7:33 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

0.9 is standard, 1.1 is sensible but 1.3 is not really needed by majority who use them & all they do is potentially overstress cooling system components ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum