Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New GTI-R owner from Ireland

+7
johnny gtir
Ajay.
nomad
pulsarmoley
Gti-r dannyboy
Stu
Stevoc
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 6:19 pm

Stevoc

Hows everyone doing Laughing Been lurking around on GTI-R forums for years on and off, Seems to be a wealth of knowledge on here though, and its an active forum!

Ive had mainly RWD cars over the years, or been drifting when funds were there for track cars but im at the nice weekend road car stage of life now lol  Shocked

Ive just purchased a 1994 Pulsar GTI-R after years of not getting around to owning one.

Ill throw up a project section when my 7 days external links parole is over  Laughing

Some poor quality pictures added.

New GTI-R owner from Ireland    DSC_1021

New GTI-R owner from Ireland    DSC_1019

New GTI-R owner from Ireland    DSC_1020

New GTI-R owner from Ireland    DSC_1016.JPG

New GTI-R owner from Ireland    DSC_1015

Getting some tlc
New GTI-R owner from Ireland    11870861_10206126541495131_9042523259173308407_n

Last edited by Stevoc on 28th August 2015, 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

2New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 6:28 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome mate.
Loads of info on here as you say.
And everyone is friendly Smile
Look forward to your project thread.
Why not start one off and add pics later?

3New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 6:49 pm

Gti-r dannyboy

Hi and welcome mate

4New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 6:55 pm

Stevoc

Stu wrote:Hi and welcome mate.
Loads of info on here as you say.
And everyone is friendly Smile
Look forward to your project thread.
Why not start one off and add pics later?

Cheers Stu, Just threw it up now minus the pictures

Gti-r dannyboy wrote:Hi and welcome mate

Cheers Man

5New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 7:42 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Welcome fella

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

6New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 7:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum .... how are you finding 4wd compared to rear wheel drive you have been used too ???

7New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 7:52 pm

Ajay.

Welcome aboard mate

8New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 8:38 pm

Stevoc

pulsarmoley wrote:Welcome fella

Cheers man!

nomad wrote:Welcome to the forum .... how are you finding 4wd compared to rear wheel drive you have been used too ???

Drove it home today after collecting it, id be used to 400bhp SR20 drift cars but they dont have a patch on a 4wd for pull!!!

Ajay. wrote:Welcome aboard mate

Thanks man Smile

9New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 9:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Welcome to the forum I personally think you have bought just at the right time as prices are rising

10New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 9:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So you have had 200sx's then .. any other intresting cars along the way ???

11New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 9:39 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome mate thumbsup

12New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th July 2015, 10:11 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Hiya fella and welcome to our forum welcome

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

13New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th July 2015, 6:09 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Let's see some pics Smile, welcome

14New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th July 2015, 10:19 pm

Stevoc

johnny gtir wrote:Welcome to the forum I personally think you have bought just at the right time as prices are rising

I think as far as a modern japanese performance car goes this and the PS13 Silvia/R32 GTR are going to be the future "cossie" type car, i could be wrong but hopefully im not!!

nomad wrote:So you have had 200sx's then .. any other intresting cars along the way ???

Endless list lol, i have a small business facebook page Drift Bits (feel free to check it out) some of my imports are on there, some will have been removed as the page can get cluttered, there will be pictures of the cars in the "Photo's/Albums" though. Currently owned/pre sold i have a 1JZ manual Toyota Cresta, two 1JZ manual Chasers, the GTI-R, a Toyota Altezza and a 1JZ manual Toyota Mark11. This year ive had probably 20 plus RWD cars pass through so the list is fairly big lol. I've had around 20 fresh JDM imports come into Ireland in 2015, sadly i drive a 05 transit daily Shocked

gtir_woody wrote:Welcome mate thumbsup

Thanks fella

GTI-R US wrote:Hiya fella and welcome to our forum welcome

Thank Bob, i will give you a call if thats ok im after a few bits and pieces, good friend of mine Brian in longford recently got bits for his OEM spec restoration on his GTI-R

PartyPete wrote:Let's see some pics Smile, welcome

They are not much to look at lol, its rough around the edges!!!

15New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th August 2015, 10:44 pm

Stevoc

So finally i can post pictures lol. Its quite tatty looking and probably hasnt been washed in 6-7 years and definitely needs a respray imo. (First post)

Been busy gathering bits and pieces for this lady over the last month, i brought the car up to a local guy in Ireland that knows these inside out. Turned out an oil leak i had was a cracked sump, sump replaced now so all good again on that end.

So whats been done in the past few weeks:
Sump replaced
Cheaper oil ran through and dumped out after 15 minutes for some nice Fuchs 15/50 Pro R
New Redline shockproof gearbox oil put in, need to do the diff and transfer box next
New Genuine oil and fuel filters
New Iridium plugs
Front Wilwoods bled but im still finding them piss poor?

Car is running much better but still it needs a new map on it.

Picked up so far:
A clean passenger side headlight and indicator to match the drivers side
Spare rear lights as one on the car is cracked
Got a set of matching cleaner front seats (need a rear also)
Picked up a mid boot spoiler off Stu on here
Spare gearbox bought

Should be in for mapping shortly so we will see how that goes

16New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th August 2015, 10:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Iridum plugs wouldnt of been my first choice ....ngk bcr8's what make of wheels are they ???

17New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 28th August 2015, 10:53 pm

Stevoc

They are NGK BKR8EIX which should cope with the power, its what ive run in any of my drift cars and they never let me down or need replacing. BCR are grand on standard power but ive seen plenty break up on higher powered SR20's (Sorry i updated into, projects post updated)

18New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th August 2015, 6:35 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

What rear strut brace is that? Nismo?

19New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th August 2015, 8:06 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Be careful with iridium plugs!
Gtirs tend to melt the ends of them off!!

20New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th August 2015, 8:08 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

gtir_woody wrote:What rear strut brace is that? Nismo?
Yes woody thats the nismo rear brace. Its the same one that the rear roll over hoop uses.
Quite a rare brace is that.

21New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 29th August 2015, 9:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thought so, quite a solid brace, looks good Smile

22New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 30th August 2015, 9:36 pm

Stevoc

Cheers Stu, had not looked at the strut brace, good to know it is Nismo & Rare Very Happy

23New GTI-R owner from Ireland    Empty Re: New GTI-R owner from Ireland 31st August 2015, 4:22 am

Indy

Welcome fella

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum