Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 19th July 2015, 8:28 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Found this on ebay, normally these bushes go for around £80, still expensive at £48.99 but a lot cheaper than

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RNN14-Pulsar-GTiR-SR20DET-Front-Control-Arm-Poly-Superpro-Bush-Rear-Bush-/151742118549?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item235488fa95

This is the normal price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Pulsar-GTiR-Front-Lower-Arm-Wishbone-Rear-Bush-Kit-/331402624350?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d2922bd5e

2Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 19th July 2015, 11:35 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

PRI Racing do the super pro stuff too & bit of discount is possible too, the castor type being worthwhile. Poly-bushes are well overpriced generally ...

3Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 20th July 2015, 6:07 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Thought i would add this question onto to this topic,

Any ideas on how to remove the old bushes from the lower control arms, really struggling to remove the front and rear bushes.

Any ideas or pictures explaining would be greatly appreciated

4Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 20th July 2015, 6:26 pm

Supernova

I had a bit of a nightmare trying to get the old bushes out the wishbones, the drivers side was quite easy I just a hydraulic press and pressed them out and slid the new ones back in, the rear ones I cut with a hacksaw blade and just twisted and pulled until it slid off.

The passenger side was totally different for some reason I just couldn't get them out with a press so after a lot of swearing and fretting I had the bright idea of using a blow torch to heat the front bush up until the rubber melted, then the inside pressed out very easily. I then used a hacksaw blade to cut the metal sleeve that was still in the wishbone being careful not to cut into the wishbone and just used a chislel and or screwdriver to fold the cut inwards then the sleeve finally came out.

Clean the inside of the front wishbone tube then apply the grease supplied and press it back in. I used Powerflex front bushes which come in 3 parts. Two halves of the rubber bush and a metal sleeve, push the 2 rubber parts into the wishbone then push the metal sleeve in afterwards, it shouldn't be too hard but you may need the use of a vice to make it easier or even just use a hammer.

For the rear I used the Superpro castor bush. for that you get supplied a metal washer/spacer, that need to go onto the peg first using a suitable drift that is just bigger than the diameter of the peg. Then you grease the peg with supplied grease and fit the bush into the peg. Make sure you do not make the same mistake as I did because the 2 rear bushes are sided, they have numbers on them which states which side of the car they need to be fitted on, trust me when you've had a shit day and fit the wrong bush to the wrong wishbone and then fit it to your car and realize your a cock it only makes you madder.
Tap the rear bush on with a hammer then prepare to fit back on your car.

Sorry but I was too annoyed that day to take pictures I just wanted to finish the job and get home. Good luck.

5Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 20th July 2015, 6:42 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Supernova wrote:I had a bit of a nightmare trying to get the old bushes out the wishbones, the drivers side was quite easy I just a hydraulic press and pressed them out and slid the new ones back in, the rear ones I cut with a hacksaw blade and just twisted and pulled until it slid off.

The passenger side was totally different for some reason I just couldn't get them out with a press so after a lot of swearing and fretting I had the bright idea of using a blow torch to heat the front bush up until the rubber melted, then the inside pressed out very easily. I then used a hacksaw blade to cut the metal sleeve that was still in the wishbone being careful not to cut into the wishbone and just used a chislel and or screwdriver to fold the cut inwards then the sleeve finally came out.

Clean the inside of the front wishbone tube then apply the grease supplied and press it back in. I used Powerflex front bushes which come in 3 parts. Two halves of the rubber bush and a metal sleeve, push the 2 rubber parts into the wishbone then push the metal sleeve in afterwards, it shouldn't be too hard but you may need the use of a vice to make it easier or even just use a hammer.

For the rear I used the Superpro castor bush. for that you get supplied a metal washer/spacer, that need to go onto the peg first using a suitable drift that is just bigger than the diameter of the peg. Then you grease the peg with supplied grease and fit the bush into the peg. Make sure you do not make the same mistake as I did because the 2 rear bushes are sided, they have numbers on them which states which side of the car they need to be fitted on, trust me when you've had a shit day and fit the wrong bush to the wrong wishbone and then fit it to your car and realize your a cock it only makes you madder.
Tap the rear bush on with a hammer then prepare to fit back on your car.

Sorry but I was too annoyed that day to take pictures I just wanted to finish the job and get home. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, how did you use the hydraulic press. did you push the front bush towards the back, we dont have a hydraulic press just a arbor press at work and cant fit the arm in.

If i really struggle might just take it to the mechanic and get a quote to get the bushes off.

6Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 20th July 2015, 7:09 pm

Supernova

I struggled a bit but I managed to angle it in such a way that it worked, I think from memory I had the peg facing up and used 2 metal blocks plus a suitable sized socket underneath and a socket on the top. I had to hold the wishbone in one hand to support it then operated the press with my other until it was just touching then made sure everything was still lined up and went for it. Like I said one side was'nt too bad but the other side wasn't playing ball.

If I was you I would either heat the bush up with a blowtorch and beat it out which should be quite easy or get a mechanic to do it for you. Refitting the bushes shouldn't be too hard though.

7Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 20th July 2015, 8:11 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

What about those?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380713030846?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

8Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 21st July 2015, 6:11 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

I manage to get them out in the end. Got the machine shop at my work to fab up two tools for me. one is a 80mm long case with a 70mm blind bore in it and 14mm through bore. The other is just a 10mm thick 36mm diameter washer. Used an m12 threaded bar with two nuts. Heated the bush with a heatgun for 10 mins set at 400degrees. Then just used the tools to pull the bush out. Because of heating the lowercontrol bush when i pulled the bush out it also pulled out the sleeve in one go....result.

Now time to make some progress on the front hubs and get them dis-assembled before i send all the parts off for powder coating.

9Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 21st July 2015, 9:53 pm

Supernova

Well done sounds like it turned out to be quite easy in the end.

10Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush Empty Re: Front Wishbone Rear Poly Bush 22nd July 2015, 12:09 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Get similar tools in motor-trade bushing removal sets, sounds proper job thumbsup

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum