Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turbo Replacement

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turbo Replacement Empty Turbo Replacement 1st June 2015, 9:36 pm

shroom

shroom

Trying to get a stock turbo as I don't think I can currently afford anything uprated as I want to use the car and don't want to go down the slippery slope of modification it too much too soon.

has anyone seen these turbos on eBay?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Pulsar-Sunny-GTir-Turbo-CHRA-Cartridge-465997-Turbocharger-TB2804-SR20DET-/321603953360?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4ae116e2d0

Think they are the same company people have been using to balance their home rebuilt turbo's.

I just don't have time to rebuilt mine myself and unsure of sending one off.

2Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 1st June 2015, 9:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

This is the same company that you send your rebuilt turbo to to get balanced ...

3Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 1st June 2015, 9:59 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeh I thought it was, they are not a garrett core its their own manufactured core for the t28 but I guess its horses for courses as I am sure it would be better than one with 70k miles on.

4Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 1st June 2015, 10:29 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I havent heard of anyone giving a bad review of the company ...

5Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 2nd June 2015, 6:38 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Tom,

Give them a call to see how much it would be if you sent them your CHRA to be done to the same spec? Will probably be cheaper as the cost is in the CHRA housing not the rebuild kit? Then you just put your exhaust/inlet housings back on when it comes back job done cheers

I went to their workshop when I was doing mine and they couldn't have been more helpful Smile or send it me and I will take it up in person to get it done for you if that's a better option for you?

6Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 2nd June 2015, 7:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

How much was it for them to rebuild chra spike ???

7Turbo Replacement Empty Re: Turbo Replacement 23rd July 2015, 1:35 pm

shroom

shroom

Sorry Spike I never saw your reply thanks for that its much appreciated. I brought a CHRA in the end as the one I had the blades were fucked and the other one was lost in my garage somewhere. I have it now but am dubious to fit the housings back on so have spoken to them and they will fit the housings for me and send it back. I don't have decent circlip pliers and the tools so easier to get them to do it than spend money on the tools.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum