Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A pair of standard rear calipers

+5
houghy_1
Ajay.
MartyMG
ROB_IOW
Supernova
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A pair of standard rear calipers Empty A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 2:33 pm

Supernova

Also after a pair of rear brake calipers.

Need them to be in as good a condition as possible mine are sticking which is effecting the whole brake performance i think.

2A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 3:42 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

New ones ain't that expensive .. about £150 each

3A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 4:04 pm

Supernova

That's a bit more than I want to spend to be honest bud.

4A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 4:08 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

If you check the useful links section there's a good firm in Worcester who will recon them with a choice of finishes for £45 each plus postage. I'm gonna use them myself at some point & have mine done in gold to match Hispec fronts.

5A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 4:42 pm

Ajay.

Yep as above bigredbrakes is the company got mine refurbed a while back good service all round came back looking like new.

6A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 23rd May 2015, 5:40 pm

Supernova

Cheers guy's I think I'll go down that route.

7A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 26th May 2015, 6:10 pm

houghy_1

How about refurbing them yourself?? 
If that appeals to you?
http://brakeparts.co.uk/#!/shop/NISSAN/SUNNY/91-95/SUNNY%20N14%202.0%20GTI-R%204X4%20TURBO/Rear%20-%20Brake%20Calipers%20and%20Wheel%20cylinders

£57 for a seal,piston and bleed nipple kit from www.brakeparts.co.uk 
I'm probs gonna do mine myself and just use black hammerite.

8A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 26th May 2015, 8:50 pm

MartyMG

MartyMG

Back in the day i've bought recon kits & refurbished calipers myself but these companies that do it for you will have the honing tools to tidy up the piston bores & powder coat or electro plate  to get a good or better than new result so I'll take the easy option!

9A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 26th May 2015, 10:42 pm

toaster55

toaster55

yep, use biggredd they did a cracking job on my rear calipers and turn around time is very good too.

10A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 6:51 pm

Supernova

toaster55 wrote:yep, use biggredd they did a cracking job on my rear calipers and turn around time is very good too.

How long did it take to turn around Toaster if can remember?

11A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 7:31 pm

FPSChris

FPSChris

I'm sending mine off with them tomorrow, said 10/14 days but I'm having green paint too Smile
Looking at 150+ delivery and vat so well worth the money imo and saves a lot of faffing about with something I just cba with.

https://soundcloud.com/fpschris

12A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 8:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

How much for a pair ?

13A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 9:15 pm

Huskiewolf

Huskiewolf

You can have your old ones reckoned for less than that can't you,that sounds well expensive

14A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 9:43 pm

houghy_1

Pri[size=36] optiositeclosed[/size]
Standard                                 Silver , Grey or Gold PaintElectroplateSilver or GoldPremium                              Red, Blue, Black, Green, Bright Green, Yellow and Pink 
All calipers are fitted with New pistons,                           seals and bleed screws irrespective of finishA basic paint finish normally choosen by the trade when cosmetics are academicIndustry standard plating,  as used by most manufacturersAnti-corrosive undercoat , followed by 2 top coats oven cured. Providing a premium durable gloss finish
Average Lead time2/3 Working days12/14 Working days Min7/9 Working days
All prices are per pair including VAT   
Pulsar Gti Rear £89.00£109.00£139.00

* This is a coating only service and does not include new slider Bolts or Pins
Return carriage 2 calipers UK£9.90Exludes Highlands & Islands
Return carriage 4 calipers UK£16.00Exludes Highlands & Islands
Central Europe 4 calipers£29.00
All prices include VAT
All calipers are pressure tested prior to dispatch and guaranteed hydraulically for 12 months
Send all 4 calipers in at the same time and receive a 10% discount
If you would like to go ahead simply send your calipers to us with a covering letter with your contact details and finish required 
Please remove all Banjo bolts, pad clips and pipes prior to sending off your calipers

15A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 9:50 pm

houghy_1

Premium 139.  7-9 day turnaround

16A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 27th May 2015, 10:23 pm

Supernova

Ideal cheers.

17A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 28th May 2015, 7:16 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Yeah, going full premium hence my price + I'm on an island. Packed and ready to go, I've got before pics so I'll post afters side by side on return.

Also, new callipers are £85 each at minimum so thought I was getting a decent price on recon + paint.

18A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 28th May 2015, 7:39 am

houghy_1

I'm in 2 minds what to do, get the premium and not get them back till about the 10th or fo cheap with a 3 day wait and paint them myself.
I've still got to fork out for getting mine on the road and run in before Rockingham!!  :-/

19A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 28th May 2015, 8:41 am

FPSChris

FPSChris

Same here mate, I'm only going all out as I cba taking the damn thing apart again to get callipers painted + I've got the rear completely dismantled at the moment.
Still need my sills and arches sorting which is next on the list.
Thought it was worth paying for someone else to tackle it and do it properly while I just did the dog work and learnt that I can get those bastard nuts and bolts off and cleaned up.

Hammerite never fails for £5 though Smile

20A pair of standard rear calipers Empty Re: A pair of standard rear calipers 28th May 2015, 9:24 am

houghy_1

Yeah I hammerited them last time, no issues, just a bit smelly while they cured in use :-D
Well I'll send mine off tomorrow and decide then.
Really don't know atm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum