Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

getting engine back in car.

+2
gtir_woody
joetheeskimo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1getting engine back in car. Empty getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 7:24 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

Is there anyway i can drop the engine into the shell from above (like a normaly car)

I removed it by lifting the shell up but now want to get it back in. i didnt like lifting the car up with an engine crane....just didnt feel safe.

2getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 7:28 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I've done it before without the turbo and plenum on the motor, wasn't that hard. So much easier from underneath though.

3getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 8:14 am

johnboy

johnboy

Keep the back end on it's wheels, rather than axle stands, and the whole lots quite stable.  Shocked

getting engine back in car. ResizeofP1030296_zpscb03a00d

4getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 8:22 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

yer i did that last time but wheels were on the ground. it just didnt feel safe.

5getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 8:27 am

johnboy

johnboy

I agree that I wouldn't want to work under it like that, but it's only up for 5 mins while rolling engine under so not too bad..

6getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 9:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah that looks abit scary but long as it gets the job done

7getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 9:20 am

shroom

shroom

I know someone who changed their whole downpipe using the standard nissan scissor jack he sent me a wattsapp saying woo just got the downpipe off I had to say your an idiot why are you using that! I also had one bust on me on an R the nuckle slipped and it went right up through the sill

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

8getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 6:31 pm

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

ive had a car fall on me in the past so thats the reason i prefer not to do it. Ive done it once and didnt like it just trying to find a different solution.

9getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 7:27 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Best done from underneath.
Not a problem if ground flat etc & you do similar to john (don't need go quite that high though) with back on ramps or large timber planks.

10getting engine back in car. Empty Re: getting engine back in car. 23rd May 2015, 7:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Leave the wheels on brace it or double strap the thing lift it with a engine hoist pull the car over the engine or push engine under no way it will fall

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum