Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stud to bolt conversion ?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Stud to bolt conversion ? 12th April 2015, 12:03 pm

Anybody attempted or successfully done this as all pcd wheel adapters are intended for bolt not stud use and I'm sick of looking at the same crappy 4x100 wheels all the nice ones are 5 stud Sad.
If anybody has any advice that would be great I tried the search function but nothing came up.

2Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 12th April 2015, 8:47 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I believe Stracher motorsports had designed 5x114.3 hubs for the R. Another option to consider but probably expensive.

3Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 13th April 2015, 7:18 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You could do a pcd adaptor from 4x100 to 5x100, similar been done for vw etc.
Possibly would be custom, Mike had a post on pcd spacers & one offs .
Other option is one off spindles for the hubs.
Also look at xtrail hubs/spindles, they 5x114.3 & as 4wd could use front & rear if lend themselves to a graft/spindle graft !

4Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 13th April 2015, 8:14 am

My issue with the adapters mr b was that I can't find one to accept studs from the pulsars hub they all rely on bolts although I'd of thought if they had recessed holes and some kind of small lug nut to fit flush it would have worked but none if them have recessed holes so I'm back at square one !!! May look at the xtrail hubs although it's appearing to be more hassle than it's worth thanks anyway guys

5Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 13th April 2015, 9:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:Also look at xtrail hubs/spindles, they 5x114.3 & as 4wd could use front & rear if lend themselves to a graft/spindle graft !
Interesting haven't heard of that before, many done it before?

6Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 13th April 2015, 11:31 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Petelesta wrote:My issue with the adapters mr b was that I can't find one to accept studs from the pulsars hub they all rely on bolts although I'd of thought if they had recessed holes and some kind of small lug nut to fit flush it would have worked but none if them have recessed holes so I'm back at square one !!! May look at the xtrail hubs although it's appearing to be more hassle than it's worth thanks anyway guys
Yeh I think it would be custom one off adaptors to work with studs shortened & slim sunken nuts, may even need one longer stud to share hole..
I think best way is custom spindle really.

Edit:
Heres link to miles thread on custom spacer/adaptors
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4072-custom-wheel-spacers-and-pcd-adapters-any-size-etc?highlight=custom+adaptor

Last edited by Mr B on 13th April 2015, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Stud to bolt conversion ? Empty Re: Stud to bolt conversion ? 13th April 2015, 11:54 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

gtir_woody wrote:
Mr B wrote:Also look at xtrail hubs/spindles, they 5x114.3 & as 4wd could use front & rear if lend themselves to a graft/spindle graft !
Interesting haven't heard of that before, many done it before?
Just a thought I had, no idea if been done or possible/particularly viable but worth a look & uk guys got access to xtrail easily enough.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum