Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tri lobe CV boot

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tri lobe CV boot Empty Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 7:30 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Anyone know the where I can get a N/S inner CV boot, the (tri lobe) jobby, my local factors only did a universal type that said it was tri lobe compatable, but you did have to cut the lobes off the old boot and bodge them under the new boot, not something I want to do. Import car parts do not have them in stock. Only got a few days to get the car finished and MOT'd before the 18th (RR day)

2Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 7:48 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My local motor factors matched one up when i took my old one up ....if you only got a couple of days i guess you cant wait for internet ???

3Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 7:53 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I've got a full set of cv boots in my garage ...
Think they are blueprint . I'll check them Tomoz

4Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 7:57 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Thanks Nomad/Rob will try some other factors, I think I have found the part number for a blue print boot, so that may make thing easier, just having a bit of a panic now as still load of jobs still to do, and the CV boot was not one of them until I found it split today, Grrrrr. If I struggle Rob I will get in touch.

5Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 8:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I done a useful link post with full range of part numbers including blueprint >
http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t4373-cv-boots

One you want is> ADN 18170
If that out of stock tri-lobe boot from skyline supersedes that part I believe> ADN18141   ...

ADN18141
Tri lobe CV boot Adn18141
Tri lobe CV boot Hi-Res%20Image%5CN1%5C81%5CADN18141_a

Last edited by Mr B on 2nd April 2015, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 8:49 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Thanks for the info, that will help with the blank look I usually get from the parts advisor while his brain engages gear, when I say it is an import.

7Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 8:54 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^I just checked on BluePrint web catalogue & it is the ADN18141 as fully superseded the ADN18170

No idea why so many parts staff give the big hassle over grey import as the catalogues cover GTiR Pulsar as well as GTiR Sunny plus they both the same parts :-S having the one version of GTiR makes 99% of common parts easily sourced even without chassis or reg number . I think you need tke a wet flannel to slap your part man with :-)

8Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 9:04 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Just checked a few web prices, the ADN18141 is around half the price of the ADN18170, so I think I will give it a go. Thanks again.

9Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 9:10 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

ADN18141 is around £10 mark.
It listed in GTiR Pulsar & Sunny on blueprint database> LH inner, proper tri-lobe boot as image in post above. Will be fine, it cheaper as covers wider range than the ADN18170 that they stopped making.

10Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 9:53 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

If you struggle i'll post you mine and just sort me out at the RR day

or if post is to slow and you really need them i'll box em up and send them over to southsea on the hovercraft .. you could collect them whenever you want (i appreciate you'd need to do a few miles to collect them)

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 2nd April 2015, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

11Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 10:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was going to say when i tried sourcing mine the shop said they had stopped making them as i gave them the part number ... and just matched it with measurements ....

12Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 10:13 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yeh they stopped making the ADN18170 which was the original GTiR specific boot but Blueprint found the ADN18141 to be suitable replacement so it superseded it & can be had easily, eBay got them & will post it to you next day for £9.29 all in, most online motorfactors got them & any decent local factor who BluePrint stockist will have it or get it in 24hr, quite a common boot & covers load of nissan models.

Last edited by Mr B on 27th August 2016, 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated ebay link)

13Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 10:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Handy to know b .... least if they fit other models its less likely to become obsolete ....

14Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 10:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ Yeh makes them cheaper too, decent local factors should do that around £8 mark with bit of trade.

15Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 2nd April 2015, 10:55 pm

Thermal

Thermal

Thanks guy's, got a boot coming on Wednesday £13 delivered, I am back to work on Sunday doing some 11hr shifts for a few days, so it's a bit of a struggle getting to motor factors next week.

16Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 8th April 2015, 8:50 am

Thermal

Thermal

So the boot ADN18141 came yesterday, fitted this morning, perfect fit thanks Mr B, MOT Friday hopefully a pass !

17Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 8th April 2015, 9:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Good news on the boot
Good luck with the MOT mr thermal

18Tri lobe CV boot Empty Re: Tri lobe CV boot 9th April 2015, 12:05 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

i used a motor factors and got given one which said megane on the box, fitted ok, a little tight but still worked

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum