Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

my gtir progress

+3
Mr B
gtir_woody
arielgtir
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1my gtir progress  Empty my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 4:15 am

arielgtir

How's it going guys! Haven't updated my r in awhile but it's been such a trip, especially with leaks haha. But basically when I first got her. my gtir progress  20141115_092652_1
and so far what I have done since I owned her.
-rocker valve cover gasket
-spark plugs
-spark plug wires
-mocked up upper radiator hose cause of leakage
-aftermarket lower radiator hose
-z32 fuel filter
-aluminum radiator
-new intake pod filter
-Rotella oil
-new diff fluid and gear fluid
-new coolant fluid
-new turbo braided lines
-fixed headlight wiring (just a bypass)
-nrg steering wheel
-boss hub
-front mount intercooler brackets instead of zip ties
-bumper release instead of zip ties
-new F & r rotors
-cut front bumper to fit front mount
-k sport coilovers
-15x8+15 with 195 50r15 wheels on her
-mocked up my own interior carpet since it didn't have any
-also carpet on dash since it had cracks
-new front axle cause previous owner never bolted tight nor use lock tight for left front cv axle so it snapped
-new oil pan and sealant
-new serpentine belts
-new pivot belt for alternator
-new alternator
-rear sway bar end links
What needs to be installed
-cluster overlay
-front ball joints
-exhaust manifold
-also need to mock up a full turbo back exhaust
-buy nistune or some type of ecu software for a tune
-need to get some gauges since I believe the oem one are going out on me
-Also need to find a DIY for plumbing for a blow off valve for the quad throttle bodies on GTIR because they didnt line it up correctly.
she has come a long way from neglection front previous owners but I'm proud to say she looks and runs a whole lot better. Enjoy some pictures. also, thanks for the help that some members have given me!my gtir progress  IMG_20150120_200545my gtir progress  Post_image7my gtir progress  IMG_20150128_224105
my gtir progress  IMG_20150125_104934my gtir progress  Post_image4my gtir progress  IMG_20150205_215355
how it spent most of its time cause of waiting for parts, snow/cold and ordering wrong parts my gtir progress  IMG_20150204_180531my gtir progress  IMG_20150213_175259
after coilover install, need some low badly my gtir progress  IMG_20150215_080553my gtir progress  IMG_20150305_204226my gtir progress  20150318_172100
not too low nor too high just right for me my gtir progress  20150219_174207my gtir progress  20150318_134907my gtir progress  20150318_134914my gtir progress  20150318_172116my gtir progress  10857269_10152817089482730_8008029592726007851_omy gtir progress  IMG_20150220_202956my gtir progress  20150318_175807
hope you guys like it, more to come! Not too bad for the 4 months that I have owned this lovely beast.

2my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 5:43 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Really good update mate, you have done a heap since getting the car. The wheels look mean thumbsup keep up the good work!

3my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 9:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Does look mean .
Badly neglected by sounds of it .
Those rims really suit the car ...
keep the old super special struts as can rebuild them with bilstein inserts.

4my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 9:40 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

How well did the floor carpet come up by making it yourself mate?

5my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 10:02 am

MartyMG

MartyMG

Those wheels lookin Phat! You have done a great job! Bet you don't see too many other R's in your neighborhood!

6my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 11:50 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

wheels are bad ass, looked more bad ass with uncut bumper I reckon.
Shame cut bumpers these days really .

7my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 12:35 pm

arielgtir

Thanks @gitr_woody yeah it has come a long way since day one haha. Only thing that has been happening is the upper radiator hose always leaking. Purchased an aftermarket one but it didn't fit. And it actually came out good, could of been better with cutting the carpet from Wal Matt but it was cold and I wanted it done lol. But came out good I must say haha. Thank you @Mr. B yeah it was badly neglected and I was thinking about letting her go cause she kept making me frustrated but I couldn't be like the past owners, but I was thinking about selling the struts haha but that sounds good. Yeah I made a good choice with the wheels. Yeah unfortunately I regret it, cause my grinder had a fat disc so couldn't keep the spokes on the bumper. @MartyMG thank you! I appreciate all the good comments, and yeah don't see them at all in Virginia, USA haha ever since I saw this car on mighty car mods I always wanted one and now I got one, couldn't be happier!

8my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 1:01 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Nice to have at least one R in Virginia USA
Guy on here does water hoses so if you stuck I expect he could ship to US as guys on here pretty helpful for enthusiasts/members or possibly someone has some used decent oem or silicone if put a post in wanted section.
Have fun with the R :-)

9my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 1:44 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I'm only going to say what every one else has......but those wheels look fantastic!!! Great work there!

10my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 3:21 pm

arielgtir

@Mr. B yeah when I saw this on Craigslist here I had to take advantage so it's awesome! Turns a lot of heads especially that it's right hand drive. Yeah that would be great lol. But I would need to find a how to for the vacuum plumbing for the blow off valves on our cars. Because they didnt run the blow off valve line on the gtir well. Haha thabks man glad to hear you guys are loving it Very Happy @PartyPete more to come and a custom 3 inch exhaust turbi back since I cannot find one lol.

11my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 4:59 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Great looking R! Love the progress pics...

12my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 7:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

arielgtir wrote:@Mr. B yeah when I saw this on Craigslist here I had to take advantage so it's awesome! Turns a lot of heads especially that it's right hand drive. Yeah that would be great lol. But I would need to find a how to for the vacuum plumbing for the blow off valves on our cars. Because they didnt run the blow off valve line on the gtir well. Haha thabks man glad to hear you guys are loving it Very Happy @PartyPete more to come and a custom 3 inch exhaust turbi back since I cannot find one lol.
A lot of people use the balancer throttle nipples to feed vacuum signal to BOV. mighty mod video below gives you light hearted inspiration .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En91CuhPqjI

13my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:02 pm

arielgtir

Yeah I have seen that video and a huge fan of them, been watcjing there videos ever since, but was wondering what do I do with the I her hoses that come from the valve cover? Haven't looked too deep into it but want to get this out of the way so I actually am running it correctly. @Mr B but I will look at the video closely again. Thanks again! Smile

14my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:03 pm

arielgtir

Thanks @Stu I appreciate the comments, cannot wait to post up more!

15my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:31 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

arielgtir wrote:Yeah I have seen that video and a huge fan of them, been watcjing there videos ever since, but was wondering what do I do with the I her hoses that come from the valve cover? Haven't looked too deep into it but want to get this out of the way so I actually am running it correctly. @Mr B but I will look at the video closely again. Thanks again! Smile
Mighty car mods is awesome! Glad there's another member who likes them Laughing

16my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:45 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ lol everyone loves those 2 Oz guys
@gtir_woody . It was you & Mike who got me looking at those :-D ...

17my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:51 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah mike got me addicted, I've watched every episode now Laughing

18my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 23rd March 2015, 8:54 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Here you go mate should help you with the plumbing

http://www.gtir-motorsport-club.com/t895-diagrams

19my gtir progress  Empty Re: my gtir progress 24th March 2015, 1:06 am

arielgtir

Yeah those two are awesome I have kept up with all their videos on their channel. hopefully I get to meet them one day haha @gtir_woody @Mr B amd thank you @spark plug spike I appreciate it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum