Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

sills and arches

+10
shroom
gtir_woody
Gtirchris
mike74
pulsarmoley
Cosmic73
Mr B
johnny gtir
nomad
Stu
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 5:54 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats a poor show from them .... do you think its a case of its going to take two weeks mate thats why it s costing this much kind of thing ????

27sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 6:00 pm

mike74

mike74

That kind of shit pisses me right off. Went through the same thing with my last R and fell out with the 'pros' at the body shop for continually giving me the run around. Very unprofessional indeed! Sad

28sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 6:31 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

The price was fair enough, they were gonna do both arches, respray the passenger door and sort out the front bumper for £900. I dont see how they could do all this in 4 the days remaining without it being a shit job.
I had it all booked in a month beforehand, but they simply took in more and more work and mine was pushed to the back if the Que.
So anyone know a good sprayer round Warwick?

29sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 7:05 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Doesnt sound like a proper job probably just pug it up and respray it ..... 900 quid i dont think is that reasonable to be honest ....

30sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 7:23 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Be real choosy who does your bodywork as most are complete wank and you will have slight rust issues within 18 months if not sooner.
Doing arches proper so likely last 5 years to a decade is a big fussy job which takes extra time, also decent materials cost quite a bit, good clear coat is decent money, the cheap shit blooms flakes and chips hence all the piss poor flaking cars you see.
I hate bodywork and bodyshops with a passion ... good luck .

31sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 7:27 pm

Gtirchris

I don't know anyone in Warwick mate, but please try paint wrx in Daventry, their work is awesome, but just be prepared for a bit of a wait as they're a pretty small businesses and don't do much insurance work, more custom stuff really.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

32sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 7:54 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I work at Cummins in Daventry so that might fit in quite well,
Cheers Chris,
Very Happy

33sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 8:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's shit to hear mate, hopefully sort something out soon

34sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 6th February 2017, 9:43 pm

Gtirchris

Thats handy mate, they're only up on the royal oak estate next to total car care, pop up and have a word with Algis, say that Chris from Guglielmi Motorsport recommended him Smile

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

35sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 15th March 2017, 10:46 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

I visited PaintWrx a few weeks ago and he wasnt interested, fair play.
Then found a company called AMS in Coventry willing to do the arches and so dropped it off on Monday.
They contacted me today to say they cant do it now because their scissor lift cant safely hold the car because the sills are crushed.  censored

36sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 12:15 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's annoying mate, get looking for a place I suppose Smile

37sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 7:13 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What is wrong with people to much like hard work that's what's wrong. No decent welding company that might take it on then take it to a body shop

38sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 8:23 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

it's not like i'm quibbling with the cost, I'll pay whatever they want, but they're just not interested.
anyway back to the search, 5th time lucky.............

39sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 8:57 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

that sucks, sounds like basically can't be arsed with job, ideally don't want be lifting R's on standard sills unless no other options .
proper quality bodywork repair is time consuming graft and not many about who do proper effort, if they could not be bothered overcome jacking it up it unlikely they put much effort in actual repair work so likely best they not doing it !
Hopefully find someone eventually.
Ideally could do with a thread on known good bodyshops .

40sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 9:10 am

mike74

mike74

what about user 'warpspeed' on the OC? Does he still repair shells etc?
might be worth a cheeky pm...

41sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 9:45 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ he does but he in scotland and tends be booked up for about a year plus.

42sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 16th March 2017, 11:50 am

mike74

mike74

hmm, Scotland you say? Idea

43sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 20th March 2017, 6:45 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Shit that's not good. You may have dodged a bullet there though. Good luck in finding somewhere else

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

44sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 4th April 2017, 9:53 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Drum roll please George....

I've finally found someone to do the bodywork repairs. Ironically its actually the very first garage i visited but they quoted £1,200 which i couldn't afford. Anyway, I'll dam well afford it now.
All booked in this Monday and i should have it back in time for Japfest. cheers

45sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 4th April 2017, 11:45 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Pleased for you it's worth it mate if they do a decent job and put the time and effort into it

46sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 4th April 2017, 7:51 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Even if it's more than you wanted spend it will be done now and you'll be a happy man Laughing

47sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 21st April 2017, 4:41 pm

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Picked up the R today and i have to admit the top dollar i paid was well worth it. It looks absolutely beautiful Very Happy
sills and arches - Page 2 Img_2018
sills and arches - Page 2 Img_2021
sills and arches - Page 2 Img_2022

48sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 21st April 2017, 4:59 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Wow great job .... bet your over the moon with it ..sometimes you do just simply get what you pay for Wink

49sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 21st April 2017, 6:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Very nice Neil.
Bet you're glad you kept it now!
Just need to get those arch trims back on now lol

50sills and arches - Page 2 Empty Re: sills and arches 21st April 2017, 7:40 pm

mike74

mike74

Looks like a good job mate, very nice!