Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compressor surge

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Compressor surge Empty Compressor surge 27th February 2015, 3:21 pm

grim_d

grim_d

After upping the boost to 1.6 bar on the dyno I seem to be getting a touch of surge at WOT and partial throttle around 5-6k onwards, dropping the boost to 1.5bar cures it at WOT but not at partial.  I know of others running a 3071 at 1.85bar and not having surge issues so curious as to why I am?

I thought perhaps too small intercooler piping but I'm pretty sure it's 60mm at it's smallest parts in the run so shouldn't be an issue, what else might cause a bit of surge? It's not a massive issue as I'm looking to go full 3" on the exhaust and run less boost but would like to know why.

Read More at : http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/technical-questions-/88509-compressor-surge.html

This video shows what I'm talking about despite the title, https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_K0LFadOKBc#t=51

Thanks.

Last edited by grim_d on 27th February 2015, 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Compressor surge Empty Re: Compressor surge 27th February 2015, 3:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Dose this not tie in with your large compressor to small turbine which will give give better low rpm enhance but will cause surge top end high boost

3Compressor surge Empty Re: Compressor surge 28th February 2015, 10:35 am

grim_d

grim_d

I've really no idea, has been suggested to map the boost with my EBC as it has an rpm map function and reduce the gain when surge starts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum