Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOT passed again :-)

+6
ROB_IOW
Garnaby
johnboy
Gaz GTiR
PartyPete
Spark plug spike
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MOT passed again :-) Empty MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 5:23 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Passed MOT again just front tyres worn on the inside advisory due to the neg camber I'm running so happy with that result.

Worked out my mileage for the last year bearing in mind it's a weekend car and it was 9788 miles wtf! thought it would have been around 5000 good job I got unlimited mileage on the insurance policy, just going to tax it now and then it's all sorted for the next 12 months.

Although I'm changing the gearbox on Monday hopefully that goes without too many dramas, got access to a 2 post ramp so will be a lot easier than doing it on the floor.

2MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 5:29 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

That's good news, what's up with your gearbox?

3MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 5:49 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Welcome to my world mate... Still not done my box Rolling Eyes Ill make a start on it in the next few weeks, need it ready for Bobs RR day Smile

4MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 5:55 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Well done for the pass.
My one's booked in next week so see how it goes..

5MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 6:47 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Cheers Pete, Got a nice metallic grinding noise from it and rumbling noise when driving, but no issues with gear changing it is still the same as it always has been so think it is probably the input shaft bearing on its way out. Got a spare untested box so going to fit that and see if it's a good one if not then I will be on the lookout for another one.

Yes Gaz get your finger out and get it changed mate ready for the RR, hoping to have mine done and dusted in a couple of hours Laughing

Good luck John, I thought mine would fail due to all the creaking, grinding and rumbling noises etc lol!

6MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 7:13 pm

Garnaby

Garnaby

Congrats mate Mines not for ages yet but I'll be screeching when it has it done!

7MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 25th February 2015, 7:51 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Did about 800 miles in mine last year if I'm lucky .

8MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 10:11 am

shroom

shroom

Christ that's alot of miles good on you!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

9MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 10:31 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This whole MOT thing seems like a royal pain

10MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 10:37 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its a proper ballache Laughing

11MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 11:46 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not really any hassle if your car half decent, MOT rules in UK are pretty lapse really.
obviously finding then sticking with decent sensible MOT station makes a big difference for long term hassle free fair MOT's

12MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 7:41 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I agree but its the aggro of having to take your car there if you work like i do all week it normally means taking time off to take it most of the ones round my way take mot'ing to the next level well over the top ... Rolling Eyes

13MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 8:20 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

^ that would have to be the most annoying part.

14MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 9:05 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Or you get someone like me who will take it for you. ..
I Collect from your home or work and take for mot and then return it. .....

15MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 9:33 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Or go on a Saturday ...
Swap with her in doors & she can drop it in ...

16MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 10:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I normally work all week including weekends i get one day off every two weeks and thats a sunday ....my girlfriend is just starting to learn to drive and has no chance of even sitting the in the drivers side of the pulsar lol .....il bare that in mind rob .... i dont think it would be cost effective for you to come from the iow to mot my car Laughing

17MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 10:42 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

There must be a mobile mechanic near you that would take it for ya. ....

Suppose the problem is then trust. ..
Would ya trust some random grease monkey not to thrash your car?

18MOT passed again :-) Empty Re: MOT passed again :-) 26th February 2015, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You hit the nail on the head there rob its trust its not to bad with a pulsar enthusiast as probably wouldnt be launching it like an idiot ...whenever ive borrowed a car or drove customers cars i drive it like a grandad ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum