Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler

+5
shroom
Mr B
gtir_woody
GTI-R US
mikewazowski
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 12:33 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Some of you might remember me mentioning that i might wrap my spoiler in carbon, well i gave it to a friend of mine who specializes in vinyl wrapping etc. Only picked it up today and i think it looks quite cool. Ill take more pictures in the daylight tomorrow Smile

Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 10447074_10205899874964824_27527919386450743_n

2Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 12:39 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

That looks good and a good job wrapping it

If I were you I would coat it with lacquer because after a few months the cf wrap goes a horrible sheeny colour and looks not too good

I know as had a fiat 500 wrapped in the stuff, looked lovely first off but few months later and:ball age:

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

3Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 12:43 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Yeah i was thinking about putting a thin clear coat on it, ill contact my mate and see what sort of wrap this is and if i can actually lacquer it. I know he has his mazda 6 carbon wrap entirely or a laugh and it was fine.

500 abarth? Wink

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This came up awesome Mike, I like it. Did your mate charge you much? MCM spec Laughing

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Does look good & not easy shape to do.
A bit of a mighty mike & mates mods ...
Do see a lot of the wrap here in Thailand & most gets battered by the sun & indeed bleached & cracked but sun/heat here is extreme.
Dark colour being worse but if very good quality wrap it could be quite good for some time.
Have seen lacquer too & that not always good & needs plasticiser in it really to reduce cracking & peeling.
Lacquer tends change look of it a lot too so you may not like the finish.
Could test it as is  see how good it weathers & if have issue look at better vinyl & lacquering on second attempt ...

6Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 10:28 am

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

I did it as a part of deal, took photos for his company and gave him the spoiler to wrap Very Happy

And this wrap is by 3m so it should be good, i have a second spoiler which is in perfect condition do might put the wrapped one on for some time and if i need it i can just swap them

7Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 11:02 am

shroom

shroom

Hi Mike, would he do a bonnet at all? Mine has seen better days and would like to freshen up the front a bit. Not vents just bonnet :-)

8Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 11:51 am

Indy

Is that a vw sticker in the right corner of the spoiler in the first pic?

9Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 12:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I had the bonnet 3m wrapped on my westfield megabusa and didn't like it if im honest

Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler UKb552

also the fiat 500 same thing after a while they develop a nasty looking sheen to them which makes it look very very fake, that's why I think you should laquer it to put a proper shine on it then it hopefully will look better in time where as if left it will turn lets say not vey nice

Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler QL9kDi

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 1:03 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Yes the westfield bonnet don't look right !
Odd how some cars & colours pull of carbon panels & others don't.
On the R red white & grey ones look good with carbon, black car is a bit iffy :-/
Do they not do a gloss carbon effect vinyl, sure I've seen one ...

11Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 5:34 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Indy, nooo its my photography page logo Smile

and yeah i see what you mean bob, will have to ask how good this wrap is with the sun etc.

12Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 5:35 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Mr B wrote:Yes the westfield bonnet don't look right !
Odd how some cars & colours pull of carbon panels & others don't.
On the R red white & grey ones look good with carbon, black car is a bit iffy :-/
Do they not do a gloss carbon effect vinyl, sure I've seen one ...

I love red R's with black bonnet vents, black spoiler and white rims, another crisis of mine is a all white pulsar lol

13Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 5:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ And you got a black one :-) quite fancy a white one myself, would like a white or winter green as a almost standard spec car.
Be nice to see the spoiler on car & how well the black works with carbon ...

14Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 7:06 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks great mike thumbsup

15Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 9:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Black works better than i thought with carbon on my bonnet

Ps looks good well wrapped

16Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 11:11 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Mr B wrote:^ And you got a black one :-) quite fancy a white one myself, would like a white or winter green as a almost standard spec car.
Be nice to see the spoiler on car & how well the black works with carbon ...

Yeah the irony Very Happy

17Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 25th January 2015, 11:12 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Ill try to put it on the car sometime soon, i need to take my intake off first to check that uncontrolled idle and revving issues haha

18Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 12:16 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I want mine doing. . That looks smart

19Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 8:17 am

Indy

Oops sorry suicide lol but the spoiler looks very good indeed

20Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 10:42 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Sure the revving issues aren't your heavy foot? Laughing

21Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 1:23 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Haha i wish it was that easy, put some new silicone joiners on my FMIC piping yesterday and changed the maf and plugs to see if it might cure my revving issues. Went to turn the car on and the idle went straight up to 1500rpm and then 2000rpm. By the looks of it the two left TB's dont fully close because they are not resting on the little stop screw at the back. It sounds quite weird so i think thats the main reason. Intake time off me thinks, for the third time in a year now Very Happy

22Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 9:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah yeah, aligning quads can be a pain in the arse. Sure it's not any of the other common issues that cause high idle problems?

23Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 10:29 pm

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

Well when my idle was 'normal' it sat at about 1100 which is more then it should be but it was stable. now the TB get stuck and if i put the foot down it can get stuck at 6000rpm, basically the TBs are playing up big time ;/ ive redone all my vac lines in april, new intake to engine gasket, new maf just been put on the car now, i made sure that theres no leaks in the FMIC piping but no luck. Nissan life ay Very Happy

I'm getting the quad TBs of bob so will just swap mine for bobs and ill see if it fixes my retarded idle. MIght put a thread on how to take the intake off as i know how much pain ive gone thru when i took it off for the first time lol

24Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 10:32 pm

shroom

shroom

Would be useful Mike as I dont remember there been a full how to guide with lots of pictures etc

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

25Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler Empty Re: Bling bling time! Carbon wrapped spoiler 26th January 2015, 10:39 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ah ok I see, yeah you don't want the throttle sticking like that then. Hopefully it sorts it out. Removing the inlet can be a pain, particulary removing those water hoses. Ive lost a fair amount of skin off the knuckles and threw a few spanners before Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum