Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TOTS Rolling road, open day bbq weekend 18th and 19th April

+32
Stu
buckym120
pulsar23
gtirstef
Indy
houghy_1
ROB_IOW
Spark plug spike
pulsarmoley
Gostek
johnboy
GTIR James
GTI-R US
PartyPete
gtir_pimp
mikewazowski
Girl racer
Bones
richpulsar
r called jay
Kate&tim
hreggtir
nomad
Digitalfaze
GTIRSI
Welling_AL
shroom
gtir_woody
Gti-r dannyboy
johnny gtir
Gaz GTiR
boyciegtir325
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Well not been in too long and it was a cracking day with good results all round really but ill wait for Bob or other members to post up their results.
Was great to meet some of our newer members and catchup with some older ones. Well done to Bob and everyone for organising it, cant wait to get mine back on the rollers again some day.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

johnboy

johnboy

Great day and met a lot of people. Always good to put names to faces.
Thanks to all who took the time to prepare and run everything. Great food too...
My car, with everything as near factory standard as I can make it. including .7 bar boost, made 262bhp!!  drool
Still can't quite believe it..

I'm sure Pete will put some decent pics up soon.

Great to meet you lot had a wicked day so did my lad (Reece) and the missus even if she was in the car half the day haha thanks for the great time and still can't believe johns standard pulsar made 262 and the almera made 158 !!!! I guessed at 132 haha ohh well can't win every bet Wink

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Wow john! 262bhp practically stock.. That's impressive! thumbsup

Another rep point your way Pete

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im feeling the love cheers

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

We finally got home at 11.30 last night . What a long day .

Was good to meet everyone again

johnboy

johnboy

Took the Rashiteen in today and Bob insisted in putting it on the rollers...
After a first run of 46 bhp and a second one of 0.4 bhp they finally got the rollers sorted out and it made a staggering 108 bhp. So with Bobs advice I've got a few things to sort out to get it where it should be. Shocked

But it was low enough to win me the sweepstake for the second day running. Cool

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

was a good couple of days, cheers Bob,Clare and all for a good laugh.

PLEASE BAR JOHN FROM ENTERING ANY SWEEPSTAKE AGAIN PLEASE Laughing

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Great to see everyone hope everyone got back ok. Great weekend with some very nice cars good true power figures and great banter

shroom

shroom

Just got back. Nice to put some faces to names and get the R out for a blast in so long. Plenty of work to get on with but atleast there is a fantastic community behind me!

Thanks for all your help everyone (even that northern guy lol who invited him ;-)) and big thanks to Bob for organising the event and taking so much time on everyones car including mine. I really appreciate the advise and assistance as the poor thing has been through the mill once or twice!

Car drank a quarter of a tank more fuel on the way back lol

boyciegtir325

pissed off I couldn't make it, well impressed with John's motor 262bhp. Must try and book a visit to Bob's soon. Looking forward to some vids / pics and some bhp / torque figures!

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

As above - great to spend a few hours on Sunday talking cars and seeing some old & new faces - thanks to Bob and the team - the new unit and the rollers look awesome - great set-up Bob
Look forward to seeing you all soon at the next one !
AL.

Thermal

Thermal

Glad it all went well, sorry I had to miss it, looked like you all had a cracking day, or two. Good photos!

Indy

Wow what a weekend never seen so many pulsars together as mentioned great to put faces to names great meeting everyone great banter and learned a hell of a lot.
Wonderful friendly people wish it had never ended but I'm sure the guys involved couldn't wait for closing time on Sunday lol u know who u are guys well done for setting this up.
I hope everyone got home safe and sound.

I'm so looking forward to the next one!

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

First chance ive had to write anything guys, absolutely knackered.

Hardly any sleep at all since Thursday. worked all day Friday and all of Friday night to get everything ready for Saturday morning, so popped home at 7.30 quick wash then back down workshop ready for you all.
Massive thanks especially to Johnny gtir who stayed working all night with me, aron and Reece in order to get this event going, the man is the hardest working guy I've ever met, he just does not stop no blagging or fuss just gets on with the job in hand.

Hope all that attended had a good day, no barbeque unfortunately but we did get in stacks of food and drink for everyone so not bad for last minute rush job lol.

2 days on the trot has really done me in especially with all the parts people wanted on the Sunday as well as running / fixing more cars so don't think il ever do that again one day is plenty enough.

We did have probs with the wideband so been on phone to DD today and he's heading down tomorrow to sort that issue out as its paramount it's all working as it should in order that we can crack on with the mapping sessions were doing not just for ourselves but other local tuners too but for most of the day it worked ok.

Got good power from some cars such as "Indys 340bhp" after a bit of adjustment and others made fairly good power too.
Tom shrooms car we managed to get an extra 30bhp from but that's still hugely down on power (wooden spoon award potential) Laughing
But think I know what's wrong with that particular car.

Come to the conclusion that "johnboy" is a witch after scooping the "what power" kitty for the 3rd time in succession, how he does that I just don't know scratch

My gtr hit 688bhp 713lbft torque after finding that car had not been running on full power map with traction off so that was a nice surprise.
took it out on road after giving Tom a ride on the lesser map to discover the thing is now stupidly fast in fact too fast so will revert back to prior map as that's rod bending torque on a stock gtr engine.

So to summarise.............A Big Thank You to all that attended and hope you all had a good day. No dramas and no blown engines which is always nice Smile
Will post up all the results a bit later this week in order of power achieved

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

shroom

shroom

GTI-R US wrote:

Got good power from some cars such as "Indys 340bhp" after a bit of adjustment and others made fairly good power too.
Tom shrooms car we managed to get an extra 30bhp from but that's still hugely down on power (wooden spoon award potential) Laughing
But think I know what's wrong with that particular car.

Come to the conclusion that "johnboy" is a witch after scooping the "what power" kitty for the 3rd time in succession, how he does that I just don't know scratch

My gtr hit 688bhp 713lbft torque after finding that car had not been running on full power map with traction off so that was a nice surprise.
took it out on road after giving Tom a ride on the lesser map to discover the thing is now stupidly fast in fact too fast so will revert back to prior map as that's rod bending torque on a stock gtr engine.

So to summarise.............A Big Thank You to all that attended and hope you all had a good day. No dramas and no blown engines which is always nice Smile
Will post up all the results a bit later this week in order of power achieved

Wooden Spoon affraid

I will be pleased to take that up as when the compression tester came out I thought it was game over and I would be crying my way home Crying or Very sad

I really appreciate your help and thanks for spending hours looking over the car Bob I really appreciated the advise and after 2-3 years it is time to get the car sorted and working correctly and I know you are the best man for the job (I will climb out of your arse now lol lol! ) but in all seriousness thanks for everything. The car was an embarrassment to me after going down the wrong road but that's in the past and its not too far off with your help.

I was surprised the Mrs enjoyed it so much and didn't moan even after getting back at 3am for her to go to work at 7am lol but that's her career choice so haha to her. The GTR was just mad, that's all I can say its crazy fast, Now I think you need a weeks sleep to make up for all that work as I was knackered and all I did was stand around eating all your cake!

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Get it all sorted shows what difference a couple hours can make

Girl racer

Girl racer

Sorry I missed this, looked like a great few days Smile

shroom

shroom

Girl racer wrote:Sorry I missed this, looked like a great few days Smile

Shame on you it was awsome :-)

Girl racer

Girl racer

shroom wrote:
Girl racer wrote:Sorry I missed this, looked like a great few days Smile

Shame on you it was awsome :-)

I know! No excuses Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes next time Smile

richpulsar

richpulsar

Yes thanks bob it was a very good day saturday, I was very happy with the R even though you think shes a death trap... theres only a few little bits to tidy up Smile,

My R made 300.6bhp with only limited mods but now wont boost to a bar... is that inaccurate guage or did you turn the boost down slightly bob??

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no we never touched the boost rich just teed in to the stock boost control solenoid
I think she held .9 bar but il check the data for you if you like

death trap Laughing
wouldn't go that far rich but she does need a little bit of homework done Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

richpulsar

richpulsar

Lol yea there are a few little things that need attention its all on the to do list

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum