Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spanners

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Spanners Empty Spanners 10th December 2014, 3:58 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Couple of quality spanner brands that I have found excellent in design & usage are Stahlwille & Facom.
Have had Stahlwille spanners for years & besides great design of slim ring, jaw & handle which gives great access in tight spots, they also proven incredibly strong & long term durable. No chrome pealing like you find on a lot of makes (snapon being bad for this) & I have yet to damage one, even abusing with additional ring spanner hooked on the jaw has never caused failure.
The steel alloy & chroming on Stahlwille are superb & satin finish & h design give good grip. Facom are just about as good as well.
sets of standard combination spanners in 13-14pcs cost between £60 to £80 (Stahlwille being most expensive of 2 brands)
They do short standard & long version along with other spanner designs with wobble socket heads & obstruction spanners.

Not the cheapest spanners but they are tools for life & very good quality for the money & far better than a lot of bigger name & bigger price tool brands so thought would recommend them.
Spanners Stahlwille_spanner

Spanners Facom_spanner_440

2Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 5:30 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah I have some facom tools and they are good value for money, cant say I've heard of stahlwille though? I like the britool range of spanners another good value buy. As you've said, considering the price of snap on stuff ive had chrome flaking off some of mine, replaced under warranty but still not impressed.

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

3Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 6:31 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Stahlwille is German & they been around for years but not a big name worldwide.
particularly impressed with their spanners.
snapon stuff in general is as overpriced as it is overrated :-) although some things snapon do are very very good. Have a breaker bar ratchet adapter by snapon & the thing is damn unbreakable :-) Had a Koken (japanese brand) one first but had to put it to a breaking point test against a snapon one & as much as I hated it I had get snapon one as design proved way more durable :-/
Thing with tools is knowing who good at what & not turning into a Brand addict.
even some cheaper stuff from likes of draper expert, laser & Kamasa pro can be ok, I have some kamasa pro ratchets several years & they are easily as good as big brand ones & match spec in terms of ratchet teeth, minimal backlash, socket release button etc.

4Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 6:40 pm

stevie904

my halfords proffessional range of spanners with the ratchet on one end are really good even when you double them up the bend like fuck but havnt managed to break one yet, not through lack of trying.

5Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 6:44 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah my toolbox contains several varieties of tools due, to as you said, some manufacturers being better at making certain things;
Snap-on
Mac Tools
Britool
Draper Expert
Dewalt
Halfords
Sealey
Elora

6Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 6:53 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Ah Sealey, had some wall drive socket, standard & long reach from them, come unbranded & thought the worse but sales man done his job well. Turned out very good & even take airgun use very well, 3/4 satin finish & light knurling near ratchet end making easy pull off & handle when hands bit oily.
Only regret on those was not buying whole range in all drive sizes :-/

7Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 6:59 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

A lot of other sealey stuff is crap; compressors, jump packs etc but their tools can be good. I have a 3/4" socket set which has a poor finish but I haven't broke it even with a scaffold bar on the ratchet and breaker.

8Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 7:12 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

The sealey sockets I bought seem quite good on finish. Price was very cheap which made them a abusable set that could be used on airguns, used as drifts  with hammer vice & press etc & stood up to it with ease.

9Spanners Empty Re: Spanners 10th December 2014, 11:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No one rate any teng stuff .... i had a socket set wich i abused and never had any issue with them ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum