Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

25th Anniversary - any plans?

+10
johnny gtir
Mr B
PartyPete
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
Stu
gtir_woody
GTIRSI
paz
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

125th Anniversary - any plans? Empty 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 6:04 pm

paz

May have missed it, but have there been any plans made for the 25th anniversary?

I missed the 20th unfortunately and will make sure I'm involved in the next one!

Cheers

Paz

225th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 8:04 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I think it's something that should be organised very soon :-)
I went to the 20th and it was a great day..
Just gutted my car didn't make it :-(
It shat it's self & bust my new clutch & gear box about two weeks before..

325th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 8:44 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That reminds me, I better jump over to gtiroz, I think they had something planned for the Aussies. My car won't be running anyway Sad

425th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 8:49 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

There isnt enough time left to organise a 25th.
To much shit going on aswel to get the numbers.
My guess is it will be a 30th next. Hopefully all the crap has calmed down by then.
Already been talked about and nods and winks have been exchanged about organising it lol

525th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 8:54 pm

paz

Well we should just pick an event then and get a decent stand going for once, never see these cars at events anymore. Maybe the pod and then we can blow up a few gearboxes while we're at IT!

625th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 9:39 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Think we should organise a bit of drag and top speed runs

725th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 10:47 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

There is still time to sort something out :-)
There was a meet at bruntingthorpe manny years ago that's ideal for a event to do drag & top speed runs ;-)
It's not far away from me an think I still know a couple of guys who work there
I could get in touch if there was enough interest.

825th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 4th December 2014, 11:19 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

paz wrote:Well we should just pick an event then and get a decent stand going for once, never see these cars at events anymore. Maybe the pod and then we can blow up a few gearboxes while we're at IT!

You missed out on the big meet at snetterton earlier this year Paz
Was a really good show of cars too
We will organise other events this year and I'm sure they will be just as successfull with club stand, barbeque and so forth.
Si try find out a bit more info if you don't mind about brunters Wink

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

925th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 3:00 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yep deffo be good to sort a decent event, evan if its just this forum & get most members cars there!

Cant realy see a 25th annerversary meet tho, as Stu says Neutral

1025th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 5:58 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Why is a 25th not possible? 5 years is long time to wait for the next one Sad

1125th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 9:59 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well whatever event we organise we can call it a 25th anniversary meet, anyone who owns a gtir are welcome to come so not strictly a club event as such Wink

il do a post in the active members room and we will put something on the table for you all in the summer so will let everyone know what we decide on early in the new year
hows that?

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

1225th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 10:08 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

GTI-R US wrote:well whatever event we organise we can call it a 25th anniversary meet, anyone who owns a gtir are welcome to come so not strictly a club event as such Wink

il do a post in the active members room and we will put something on the table for you all in the summer so will let everyone know what we decide on early in the new year
hows that?
sounds a perfect solution :-)

1325th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 10:36 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Why dont we do that open day you mentioned bob and a meet/track or quarter mile and the two could be classed as the anniversary. Get a mag feature of the cars parts for sale beers big bbq rolling road etc down your place and cause its on your door step bbq etc will not need taken anywhere etc get the banner out some real good pictures to be had both for your buisness and the R in general. I could help sort any arrangements etc we could all bring food with us beers drinks a real turn out where if interested members bring there other halfs and kids etc

1425th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 1:19 pm

houghy_1

Would it be ok to post an invite for interest on the Facebook pages cos there quite active,even by people who can't be bothered with forums???

1525th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 2:01 pm

paz

GTI-R US wrote:
paz wrote:Well we should just pick an event then and get a decent stand going for once, never see these cars at events anymore. Maybe the pod and then we can blow up a few gearboxes while we're at IT!

You missed out on the big meet at snetterton earlier this year Paz
Was a really good show of cars too
We will organise other events this year and I'm sure they will be just as successfull with club stand, barbeque and so forth.
Si try find out a bit more info if you don't mind about brunters Wink

Yeah unfortunately the car was in hibernation and work was mental which meant no time for events for me Crying or Very sad

Looking forward to getting to an event or two this year.

On a slightly different note Bob, where are you based? I've got a few things I need looking at on my car and the only person I really trust to have a look at it is you. Thinking about bringing it down and staying in a hotel for the night, or training it back depending on whats required.

Cheers

Paz

1625th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 3:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

johnny.............was gonna do this anyway and organise an open day come club rolling road day with cheap parts, barbe, and the like so kind of everything gtir related in one place but will sort out something a bit more fun for the 25th meet where im not gonna be running about like a loon all day, get more chance to talk to people then rather than being pulled from pillar to post.

paz..........miles away from you I think, were in Essex, Southend on sea.
busy, busy up till just after new year but yeah no problem with taking a look and sorting your car out.
Best bet is drop me a pm or give me a bell as may possibly be able to help you solve the issues over the phone if your half handy with the spanners

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

1725th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 5th December 2014, 5:45 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah I will see if we can sort something out with regards to bruntingthorpe and don't mind helping out :-)
I'm about ten minutes away from there so could help with organisation & I'm sure Russ n Matt would help as there not far away..
It's also a nice location & fairly central so it might be good for everyone..

1825th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 2:35 pm

paz

Thanks Bob, will give you a shout if I need any help - cheers for the offer.

On a separate note seeing as this topic has randomly come back onto my latest posts list, did you make any progress Si? Smile

1925th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 6:17 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

We really need to get this arranged ASAP now..
I spoke with bruntingthorpe and it's a no go Sad as they have strict sound regulations now :/
I did have another idea mallory race track could be worth a call.
So will get in touch tomorrow.

2025th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 6:55 pm

paz

What about an airfield or something? Never done anything like this so wouldn't know where to start. Even if we sorted a big stand at a show at Santa pod or York raceway or somewhere else it could be good!

2125th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 7:08 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah I go jap show at pod every year but I think a lot of owners like the track not drag. So would get more interest!!
The 25th was a big success at silverstone Smile
With a lot of hard work from the guys who organised it.
There is lots of places we could try, donnington, rockingham, pod, york, Shakespeare raceway, mallory park,
As for getting enough iR owners that's the hard part :/
Post on all the forum,s and Facebook pages is a start..

2225th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 7:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is that in leicestershire si ???

2325th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 7:15 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah mallory park is and could be a good location Smile
It's about 15 mins from m1 junction 21

2425th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 7:31 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I'd go to that

2525th Anniversary - any plans? Empty Re: 25th Anniversary - any plans? 6th January 2015, 7:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

That should make it intresting if its both forums involved .... Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum