Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Borg Warner turbo's???

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 7:25 pm

houghy_1

Has anybody had any experience with these on a pulsar??
I was looking at going down the tried n trusted gt2871r route,but if there's alternatives out there that are just as suited and tuneable then I'm open to it.
Thanks Cool

2Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 8:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive heard good reports about the efr range not on a pulsar though...

3Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 8:47 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

same as above ^^ but i know a couple of people who have used them and had nothing but good things to say. Borg Warner would do a turbo that's very similar to the gt2871r.

4Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 8:59 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I will vouch for the2871, quick spooling fun turbo with plenty of power

5Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 9:13 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

imo garrets are great turbos, would have to be a pretty good reason for me to consider another brand. I think Borg Warner are pretty well priced though? Another brand people talk about is precision turbo.

6Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 10th November 2014, 9:17 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The borgs come with uprated bearing cage as standard iiirc ...

7Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 11th November 2014, 3:36 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I know for a fact all the Cossie boys seem to have Borg Warners bolted on nowadays... But never seen 1 on a GTiR...

Seen them on 200sx's aswell, but they don't have clearance issues like the GTiR, as arnt Borg Warner known for being BIG turbos?

8Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 11th November 2014, 6:52 pm

houghy_1

Yeah I'm sure they come with a metal cage as standard,whereas the garrets is an upgrade.
Gas, from what I've read they may be cheaper but are not an OE fitment,think there longer so any bsaving might be lost with custom manifold,elbow and downpipe.
Although I will have a custom turbo back system done atr some point.
I ask cos there's a place called Nortech Performance 5 mins down the road from me.
Basically a mate of a mate etc.... He recommended them cos they'd done an R making 400 with one in the past so it got me thinking

9Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 12th November 2014, 8:09 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What size turbo is that then ? And what flanges comes on them ?

10Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 12th November 2014, 9:54 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I came across this thread, it's a list of turbo specs for a large range of brands. Cool having all the info in one place

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?s=208635d5a8d06c000b3182504a206c22&t=2559017

11Borg Warner turbo's??? Empty Re: Borg Warner turbo's??? 12th November 2014, 12:48 pm

houghy_1

No idea what size etc,I'm gonna get in touch with the lad and find out prices and fitments etc

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum