Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stand alone ecu's

+3
gtir_pimp
johnny gtir
GTIRSI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stand alone ecu's  Empty Stand alone ecu's 18th October 2014, 4:03 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Been looking at link, syvces, gems, motec it's for a car that will be around 500 hp with a top mount turbo.
I have a power fc & the motec I did have in my car was in a different league making 400hp where the power fc made 330-360hp
So thought I would ask you guys
Thanks simon

2Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 18th October 2014, 6:36 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I think its more to do with the time spent tuning them i know a lad that says power fc is older can take abit of tuning but would put it up agenst alot of top end stuff and do the same. How did your motec out perform it ? I know person was running 500 on power fc. Syvecs is very good quiet expensive when you buy seperate sensors etc but alot of good features individual cylinder knock controll been one

3Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 18th October 2014, 7:19 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

I've had 480 bhp on a nistune and probably would have done 500 but didn't want any more power through a quaife

4Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 18th October 2014, 8:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I think its more to do with the mapping obviously the extra features with some ecu's are better ...

5Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 18th October 2014, 9:46 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I agree, a lot of people have made decent results with a power fc and that's not just gtir's. When choosing an ecu I would be looking at the features you are actually going to use. You can spend big dollars on an ecu and only use a fraction of the features you pay all that extra money for Smile

6Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 12:05 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Power fc all the way for a gtir

Mate of mine has an r32 running 650hp and could do more that's on a pfc
As said its the mapping that counts

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

7Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 3:23 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Newer ecu's can be alot easier to map as i say so tuners prefer them cause ther lazy and want fast money. As said unless you need a percific feature i would not spend on new. I use a avcr to controll my boost as its better and the solinoid itself is better and faster in my opinion

8Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 8:12 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Can you 4D map with a power fc? There's more to a tune than the end number.

9Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 9:34 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

How much of a gain is it my limited knowledge is it opens up more of a table to map to but how many tuners unless on high end performance and power use it ?

10Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I guess its a limited market if its a reletively new thing out its defo way out of my understanding ...

11Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 19th October 2014, 11:07 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

All I know is 4d fuel tuning can help with tuning cars running multiple throttle bodies. Give us the run down Nigel Smile

12Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 20th October 2014, 6:12 am

ducie54

ducie54

gtir_woody wrote:All I know is 4d fuel tuning can help with tuning cars running multiple throttle bodies. Give us the run down Nigel Smile

Correct. It's a rpm v Tps map with a rpm v kpa map over the top. It's not new. 5D volumetric efficiency is tho, this is what the new Ecu's allow

I can't understand why guys spend shit loads on getting a motor built only to cheap out on a ecu. Haltech and Vipec do plugin Ecu's for the gtir there nowhere near the costs of say a top brand like Motec or Emtron. The safety features a haltech/vipec bring are there biggest asset imo. From limiting rpm/boost when cold, hot or low oil pressure to valet mode. Boost limiting is another great feature especially if the wastegate signal hose falls off or develops a hole. Also with CAN based widebands now available closed loop fuel control is much more safer and accurate.

13Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 20th October 2014, 8:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im not one to talk, my ECU is outdated as hell and Ill be getting a Haltech when everything else on my car is done as they really do offer some great features at a reasonable cost as you have described. I think the Power FC is still a great ECU and its been proven for a long time with a good tuner. There is abit of price difference between what Power FC's are going for and a brand new Haltech for someone on a budget who might not have spend huge money on their motor already and is looking for some more flexibility from an ecu Smile

14Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 20th October 2014, 11:18 am

ducie54

ducie54

Mine was outdated too, sold it before I even used it. I agree the power fc is good ecu but if the funds are available there are benefits with other brands without needing to win the lotto.

Have a look at the maxx ecu, there a cheaper brand with heaps of cool features stock. http://www.maxxtuning.eu/maxxecu/

15Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 20th October 2014, 9:08 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Where do you find this stuff Nigel? Haha I had a read through and there is some cool features with that ecu and they are a really reasonably priced, can't belive I've never heard of them.

16Stand alone ecu's  Empty Re: Stand alone ecu's 20th October 2014, 10:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yep agree entirely with what you are saying nige but what you are forgetting is that a fair few that own pulsars are always looking for the cheap cheap option

As said the pfc I think is and always will be good vfm and I say that for main reason being is that you have a wide choice of tuners who know these and have worked with them on a wide variety of cars with great results.
Problem with going with some of the latest stuff available is that you are significantly diminishing your choice of mappers available so if your unhappy with the map then your kind of stuffed unless you are clever enough to map yourself.

At the moment you have nistune which is cheapish but once again extremely limited with guys who map it especially in uk and Ireland.

I am currently with advice from various mappers looking into a better alternative than nistune with more safeguards and facilities which we will be doing once the rr arrives but I'm keeping options open at the moment until I've had firm feedback from the guys who will be doing our mapping for us

You have to bare in mind that the average pulsar owner running around 400hp is just looking for something that will do basically and not an all singing dancing ecu with lots of features with many that can't really be used on a 25 year old car with technology to match and that I can understand to a point

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content